Lyons Creek Trail

Lyons Creek Trail is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pollock Pines, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking and is best used from August until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sylvia and Lyons Lakes is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Pollock Pines, California that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Love this hike, but no longer have a hiking buddy. Anyone interested!? I am a beginner hiker willing to get back to it and get healthier!! Thanks

Great hike! Flowers in full bloom. Just a tiny bit of snow left.

Beautiful Hike!

Super dog friendly with plenty of water for them the whole way there. My destination was Mount Price but you soon see that the huge rocks and scrambling isn't ideal for them. Its cold in the morning. Like 38 degrees cold. I went as far into the valley from Lyons Lake and needed my sweatshirt again. This was at 12 pm. I started my hike around 8 am. So it did take my dog and I a while but it was worth it. If you want to fully enjoy this whole area give yourself 8 hours.

The trail was great to Sylvia until just past the crossing at Lyons creek, then... snow! Bring gps and keep the creek on your right, don't lose faith...we turned back as well as most of the hikers we met. I guess the trail will be clear in 2 to 3 weeks. Still can't beat this hike for a day hike... trail is clear up to Lyon's.

Did this hike on Sunday 7/2. The first 3.5-4 miles were snow free, but sloppy. Lots of melt-off and mud. The final 1-1.5 miles is still covered in snow which makes it easy to lose the trail. Sylvia was still 90% frozen, and was told that the creek crossing for Lyons was impassable.

Plenty of snow still left to make the trail hard to find, What trail is exposed is a running stream. Made it up to Sylvia Lake by staying to the right of the river/stream. Still frozen. nice hike over all, but your feet will get soaked until all the snow has melted away.

Awesome trip. Lots of snow on the ground as of 5/28 but nothing unmanageable. Was unable to drive all the way to the trailhead (to much snow) but that didn't stop us from having a great time.

last summer me and my uncles went to Lyons Creek Trail we tried to spend the night at Sylvia Lake but by the time we got to the Desolation Wilderness marker my uncle twisted his ankle so we had to stay there for the night then hike back in the morning ,we're going for it this year he has better hiking boots

We did an overnight trip to Lyons Lake. I fully agree with the post Martin made. This trail was pretty easy at first but right before the lake it was really treacherous. Also if you are fine with walking on ALOT of rocks...this trail is for you. Be careful it is easy to twist an ankle especially with a 40lb pack. BUT we felt like it was really worth it at the end when we reached the lake. It was super gorgeous and there was wonderful view.

Gorgeous at the top! Easy to follow trail