Lumsden Bridge Road

Lumsden Bridge Road is a 5.1 mile point-to-point trail located near Long Barn, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

Anyone know if this trial is open as of 8/5/17?

off road driving

Took the jeep up to this trail on 2/25/2017 only to find that the trail was closed. The official on scene said there was a mud slide. No real estimate on when it would be open again, but he said probably by May.

Monday, December 05, 2016

I came here on a early December day and did not see one other vehicle. Road is not the best to travel on but it is doable. Very nice views of the river in many places. I stopped at a picnic table looking at the river and had it all to my self. I stopped at the bridge and marveled at the view. I am glad I came here at least once.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Couple things on this trail, views are amazing! one thing to keep in mind if you are afraid of heights the road down is in good condition but its very narrow and a very steep drop hundreds of feet down so it is definitely a little nervy, but again amazing views. One you make it to the bottom there is a cool little spot where the water is calm that's absolutely beautiful. The bridge is very cool, I was alone so I didn't trek on the other side of the bridge but definitely will next time. Camping spots at the bottom by the river as well.

scenic driving
Friday, August 19, 2011

Great day trip! Awesome views. Great fly fishing! Early spring means downed trees. Great pictures along the route. My Jeep buddies and I like to "play" in the rock quarry off Ferretti Rd. entrance to Lumsden.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015