Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Peppermint Creek Falls is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Springville, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 104 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Went yesterday and it was closed.

recorded Peppermint Creek Falls

It was a great short hike!! Killed me walking up.. but welll worth it!! Daisy and Trixy and Jon

Don’t hike down to the creek below the waterfall unless you want to work hard to climb out. It is very steep to get back up, where the real trail actually ends. Girlfriend and I went on a Saturday and there was about 10 cars at the Trailhead and lots of nice people on the trail with 12 packs of beer tucked under their arms. Not exactly a scenic hike by my standards. An easy stroll for those beginner hikers. I won’t be recommending this trail to friends.

7/5/19 Easy short hike to a wonderful waterfall that everyone should do when in the area. It can be a little slippery with the sandy sections as you descend to the base of the waterfall. Trekking poles may help those who are not very agile. Below the falls there are many places on the rocks to sun bathe and soak in the water. Be careful walking on the rocks where the water flows over them, as they are very slippery from algae coating them. The water is very cold even in the summer, though very refreshing when it’s hot.

Sun Oct 28 2018

Like everyone has said, gorgeous country. Campground was fine.

Mon Oct 08 2018

Awesome time kids loved it

Thu Sep 27 2018

We love this area. My hubby and I hiked all the way to the falls. We saw a snake on our way there, right before we cross that little creek. This area offers a free overnight camping.

Thu Aug 09 2018

very beautiful place...they say kid friendly but its kind of scary because rocks are very slick...but do recommend going

Sun Jul 15 2018

This place was absolutely beautiful. My hometown is not far from here and there is a swimming hole there that the locals have been trashing lately. This place had minimal trash. Honestly about 3-4 pieces my trail mates and I picked up. The trail is nonexistent but once you get the the location that the cars are parked, the way to the creek is simple. Then follow it down to see the falls. It’s a scramble down the mountain/make your own path type of thing. Great on a hot summer day!

Sat Jul 07 2018

Trail? What trail? I asked in the camp and was told to follow the creek, That we did, through several beat down bandit camps with large fire rings and some trash left by those without wilderness ethics. Plenty of shade, We stayed on the south side of the creek and had no trouble locating the cascading pools above the main waterfall. Despite the lack of defined trail I still recommend this forest stroll for the beauty of the cool (cold!) sparkling and refreshing water. Be sure to supervise young children and wilderness novices around the slippery granite of the cascades. My dog even slid around and looked surprised when he needed help to get back on his feet. Didn't see any snakes, just birds and small trout.

Mon Aug 14 2017

This place was absolutely stunning. When we were here the falls were perfect. The water wasn't too strong, but the rocks are slippery at points. Some people like to remove clothing so keep your eyes out if you have kids! The top of the falls is beautiful and there are several pools to swim around in. Some deeper than others. You can see occasional trout in the streams and deeper pools. We just got home and we already want to go back.

Mon Sep 16 2013

Great little campground on a long dead-end road. Very isolated. There is a trail on the south side of the creek that leads to some waterfalls. The creek also tumbles down a series of granite basins that are great as swimming holes. Keep your eyes open though-- lots of rattlesnakes.

Wed Feb 13 2013

Great little trail! Follow it all the way to Upper Peppermint with excellent fishing along the way! Super easy and appropriate for the whole family. Get there early in the summer because the creek dries up around the end of July.

Thu Dec 20 2012

I absolutely love this campground. I have some photos I will try to add later. Nice gentle creek flowing through with trout to be caught. Follow the creek downhills to explore a stunning waterfall.

Wed May 09 2012

This is a real nice campsite for taking the family out for good fun. There's trout swimming up and down the stream, from the bridge you can see schools of fish hanging out in the clear water. We saw some deer grazing the pastures from a distance. During the summer it was a little cool at night. There were some RVs parked at a few sites but no bigger than 16'. This campsite is close to a road but it's not a busy one.

Sat Oct 13 2018