Lower Monroe Truck Trail

Lower Monroe Truck Trail is a 15.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Glendora, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September.

Point to Point

Nice sunny morning for a good moderate hike. I went about 2 miles in and turned around. There were several mountain bikers, but they all were very courteous informing me as they passed, how many more riders were to follow. Flies were plentiful, but I had bug juice which worked well. I was a little disappointed when I drove up Glendora Mountain Road to find the gate closed (again). However, I realized that the trail head was only about 150 yards from where I parked at the gate. So I went around the gate and enjoyed the trail.

Went to hike Colby Trail but hiked this trail instead. Although it says moderate it was rather easy, no steep inclines but little rocky and narrow in some place. Even our little pug enjoyed the hike. Good thing most of the bikers have a bell on their bike otherwise you may not see them until it’s to late. Found a awesome tire swing and a cool little cave. Would definitely do this hike again.

A good trail to build endurance all the way up and down .....but going down , you have to be extra careful and courteous for hikers are also using the trails.....

Thursday, February 16, 2017