Lower Hectic Trail Loop

Lower Hectic Trail Loop is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short (an experienced hiker could probably bang it out in 45 minutes) but challenging hike. The first half of the loop is almost all uphill-my calves were burning by minute 15. The downhill is steep and offers great views of the San Fernando Valley/ Encino Reservoir. I began my hike at 8 a.m. on a Monday and encountered maybe 10 people on the trail. Probably too steep for a small dog. Good for a workout-not really a “nature hike”.

Good for a workout after work. It was my first hike in years and it took me about an hour. It you are fit it will be less of course but a good workout nonetheless. It is steep and I will be coming back here often as it suits my schedule.

Short and steep, up one ridge to Mullholland, then down another. Decent views of the SFV and Encino reservoir. The east leg is prettier, with some rock outcroppings where you can enjoy the view. But overall, better as a short workout than as a trail.

Sunday, February 21, 2016