Bald Mountain Trail

Bald Mountain Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kenwood, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Coming up Bald Mountain I was kind of bummed out because I didn't find the hike to be that pretty but when I got up to the top I realized that there were other paths to take. First, the view from the top of Bald Mountain are pretty amazing. I decided to go down Old Red Barn trail which is a good descent to a cool end of the trail and then a good climb back up. Once I got up top, I took Gray Plain trail down, met with Red Men. Trail, then Headwaters Trail and then Vista Trail. There were so many variations of trees, vegetation, scenery, little animals, creeks and views. The best was on Vista where there are two large rocks that you climb on and sit and look at the entire valley. Then I met Bald Mountain and took it back to the parking lot. All in all, great hike, 12 miles. I will do it again going up the way I came down. Best hike I have been on in Sonoma County!

nice views and easy to follow

Moderately strenuous with amazing panoramic views stretching from the golden gate to the sierras. Well marked trail and easy access. Go do it!

Great 360 views. San Francisco to the South, Snow Mountain North, Sierra's to the East.

family day hike , it was fantastic for kids

Friday, July 01, 2016

Went all the way to the top of Bald Mountain for spectacular view

Monday, May 30, 2016

Well marked trails. Making the full loop up to Bald Mountain and the 360* view is worth the time!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016