Lovers Leap Trail

Lovers Leap Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kyburz, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

We hike different versions of this trail every time we come up here and it remains a favorite! This one is great for the kiddos.

Only giving 3 stars probably because we first took Horsetail Falls which was breathtaking. There is still some muddy patches and snow patches too but made it to the viewpoint in hiking boots. The view was quite nice.

There is still some snow in June. So a little bit muddy and sometimes you have to walk on the snow. Bring a hiking stick or you can pick a tough branch on the road. Once you get higher, more rocks and pebbles there. A little slippery. Open scene on the top and windy.

I single handedly lead my group of misfits on this trail. They couldn't hang with Pakiboy but I still carried all there weight. Started a campfire with my hammock an was enjoying some home made egg rolls.

perfect hike for all family skill level. dog friendly. vehicle parking off of Highway 50. Trailhead entrance off of Camp Sacramento was fun to explore in the shoulder season. the views from the top were incredible. plan on bringing a picnic lunch.

Wonderful hike with my wife and love of 30 years. Beautiful views and an ammmazing journey up and down. K&T

Beautiful view at the top and could even see horsetail falls going up!

Park at Camp Sacramento.

Great moderate hike!! Start at bottom by Strawberry lodge.