Loveland Reservoir Trail

Loveland Reservoir Trail is a 1.1 mile out and back trail located near Alpine, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hike with a nicely maintain trail. Not crowded.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

So beautiful! The flowers are in full bloom and the hike is super easy.

Friday, July 10, 2015

There are some great trails on the other side of this reservoir but unfortunately you have to be from the neighborhood to know where to catch them and pick them up. I have walked them from my house and logged over 8 miles on the trails. Unless you know how to get to the trails on the other side of the reservoir there is no point in hiking this. It's a path for fishing.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sunday, July 20, 2014

The below comments describe the trail adequately. This trail is not designed for hikers. It is an easy walking trail to the resevoir. The other three groups of people we saw were fishing, so I assume it is good for fishing use!

Sunday, February 09, 2014

I have to agree with Fabiola on this one. If you want to go fishing its a nice hike to the water. I'd suggest a good pair of waterproof above the ankle hiking boots. I went fishing there in Jan 2014 and there was some standing water I had to go through to get to the shoreline.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Love this place. Its beautiful and relaxing, however this is not for hiking. There are no marked trails and the ground is not firm. If you are there for fishing its awesome. I don't regret going but will not recommend for hiking.