Los Liones Trail

moderate 716 reviews

Los Liones Trail is a 7.1 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 7.1 km Elevation Gain: 363 m Route Type: Out & Back

quick easy hiking trail

Make sure your body is all covered poison oaks, don’t stay after sunset it gets really dark. Otherwise very nice hike lots of great views.

Nice hike. My Apple Watch said 5.1 miles and 1250 elevation gain. It took me 2 hours & 20 minutes with beaks. The first half of the of the hike is a trail with lots of coverage from the sun as the trail winds its way through the canyon. The second half of the hike is a fire road with no protection from the sun and climbs along a ridge up. Good views of the water and lots of homes. Moderate hike with a bit less than 600 feet elevation gain per mile. Reasonable parking available.

Have no idea what trail I just did, but it was beautiful. Ended up doing half of it— I got to a super steep narrow scramble. There are multiple sections to scramble up & around. Enjoy

It can be hard, especially if you decide to keep going up to the highest peak. You’re on an incline for quite a long time. There were a lot of people that day, which made the first part in the Canyon difficult, since the trails are narrow and rocky. It was very hot, some spots had shade. The bugs became annoying after awhile, so when it was time to leave, my boyfriend and I exited through a residential neighborhood and circled back to the park entrance. It’s a great exercise for someone wanting to break a sweat. Bring water and sunscreen as we get more hot, sunny days.

fee

Steep inclines! If you want an easier hike, stop at the lookout point about a mile in. The full hike ends at a high point peak. There’s no real sign or anything to tell you you’re done. First half has shade. The hard part has no shade! On sunny days you’ll need lots of water. Trail is a bit rocky so wear comfortable shoes.

Liked it a lot!! Earlier morning shade on the first portion of the trail and not much beyond where the trail meets up with the fire road. Highly recommend going up the fire road to the Mesa lookout. It is almost all uphill, and very rocky, but there isn’t a bad view anywhere you look. Parking is free, however can be tough to find the later you go.

fee

This is a really nice hike. I like that there’s free parking up and down the street for about .2 of a mile where the trail starts. It’s a steep trail. All up hill. I’ll tell you next time I’ll wear my hiking boots because my ankles and feet weren’t feeling very stable in my tennis shoes. The trail itself is 1 person wide. Barely two people Max. There aren’t a whole lot of dogs there, but thankfully everyone but one yahoo had their dog’s on a leash. I’d do it again with hiking boots.

This was a surprisingly beautiful and nice hike. I say surprisingly because we were visitors to LA and I didn’t expect there to be real nature trails with great views. The hike was moderate - I’m a pretty good hiker and there were a few times when I found myself huffing a little (though it’s mostly pretty easy and we saw families with kids on the trail. We hiked past the initial viewpoints and went all the way to the final observation point. The trail was soft, not muddy and fairly quiet. The beginning you’ll see other folks but after the first viewpoint it starts to thin out a bit more. We took a Lyft to the trailhead and there’s not much service - be warned it might be a bit tricky to get an Lyft/Uber on the way back. We walked down the street a bit and got enough service. Also, AllTrails shows the trail looping around but the trail doesn’t continue past the final observation point.

hiking with Adriana beautiful views

fun and easy

private property

Easy first 1.5 miles on trail, remainder is relatively steep inclined fire road with beautiful views of LA, the beach, and the SaMo mountains.

Nice trail. You can hike further than the map leads to make it a long and good work out, or you can do only half of the map to make it a short fun hike. Recommend and will come back again when it’s not too sunny and hot, so we can hike further up!

Prefer loops way more than out and backs. Decided to take the trail all the way around by following that black trail line on the app. (Check out this recording on my page:))The descend after reaching the viewpoint is super steep for a bit so be careful/make sure you’re wearing good shoes. I started out at the trailhead via google maps but yall should start at the trailhead near the Self Realization fellowship temple. Great workout!