Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Los Liones Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 4.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,190 feet Route Type: Out & Back

12 minutes ago

This is one of my favorite trails. It has a beautiful view of the ocean as you get higher up on the hill, it’s truly amazing. Tip: If you go on the weekend, you definitely want to go as early as possible to enjoy it, won’t be as crowded then.

VERY CROWDED

Beautiful trail but please be mindful there are break ins at this trail head on a weekly basis. Some hikers report having credit cards stolen from their trunks without any damage to the car while others report broken windows. The police is aware and there are numerous thread about this on Nextdoor. Don't leave any valuables.

Loved this trail! Beautiful mountain and ocean views! If you’re planning to go on a weekend, make sure to go before 7 am - it was busy & crowded on our way down and the trail is narrow so you have to share and take turns.

Beautiful trail and view. Crowded.

Great Hike. Love coming here. Too crowded post COVID. Not enough people taking appropriate safe guards by wearing masks or adhering to the 6 ft distance requirement. On the way back to our vehicle another vehicle had been broken into.

Too many people on the trail.. mostly without masks.

I love this trail and the views but I went on a Friday afternoon and my car was broken into. I filed a police report and the police said it happens all the time there - they watch and wait for hikers to leave because they know they’ll be gone for a couple hours at least.

Love this hike. So beautiful but packed and no ability to social distance. Less than half the hikers were wearing masks.

I love this hike however my first day back on it, at 11 on a Thursday proved to be awful. I can’t tell you how many people didn’t even have masks or face coverings. I experienced more than a few groups that wouldn’t even give me six feet of space on the fire road which has more than enough space for that. I found myself climbing off the trail to avoid rude, dumb people. Caution.

Quick and easy hike

Great hike. way too many people for social distancing, and some without much awareness of distance

Beautiful view but swarming with crowds. Not an escape.

Really pretty view of ocean

quick easy hiking trail

Make sure your body is all covered poison oaks, don’t stay after sunset it gets really dark. Otherwise very nice hike lots of great views.

Nice hike. My Apple Watch said 5.1 miles and 1250 elevation gain. It took me 2 hours & 20 minutes with beaks. The first half of the of the hike is a trail with lots of coverage from the sun as the trail winds its way through the canyon. The second half of the hike is a fire road with no protection from the sun and climbs along a ridge up. Good views of the water and lots of homes. Moderate hike with a bit less than 600 feet elevation gain per mile. Reasonable parking available.

Have no idea what trail I just did, but it was beautiful. Ended up doing half of it— I got to a super steep narrow scramble. There are multiple sections to scramble up & around. Enjoy

It can be hard, especially if you decide to keep going up to the highest peak. You’re on an incline for quite a long time. There were a lot of people that day, which made the first part in the Canyon difficult, since the trails are narrow and rocky. It was very hot, some spots had shade. The bugs became annoying after awhile, so when it was time to leave, my boyfriend and I exited through a residential neighborhood and circled back to the park entrance. It’s a great exercise for someone wanting to break a sweat. Bring water and sunscreen as we get more hot, sunny days.

fee

Steep inclines! If you want an easier hike, stop at the lookout point about a mile in. The full hike ends at a high point peak. There’s no real sign or anything to tell you you’re done. First half has shade. The hard part has no shade! On sunny days you’ll need lots of water. Trail is a bit rocky so wear comfortable shoes.