Los Liones Canyon and East Topanga Fire Road

Los Liones Canyon and East Topanga Fire Road is a 10.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

A moderately difficult hike in Topanga Canyon State Park. Lush greens and beautiful views make this trail a hit! A 7+ mile hike from the Pacific Palisades to a popular overlook in Topanga State Park. The first part of this hike - the Los Liones Trail - is one of the most lush riparian canyons I've ever seen in the Santa Monica Mountains. It's gently graded, moderately shady, and definitely worth a look even if you have to fight crowds. Afterward, the trail meets up with the system of fire roads in Topanga State Park and makes a relentless ascent to Parker Mesa (1525ft). On a clear day, you'll get amazing views of the Santa Monica Bay, and often inland as far as the San Bernardino Mountains.

Amazng views.

Hiked to the view lookout this weekend and my boyfriend proposed! Was an intense hike with lots of inclines, but the view at the end and getting engaged was worth every sweat and ache. There are lots of friendly people on the hike. A guy also came over to us after my boyfriend proposed and offered to take pictures for us. Was so glad he was there so we didn’t have to take just selfies. Thank you guy! Wish we got your name.

Way too crowded.

Great hike
We weren’t really sure where it was going to end so eventually we just turned around and never found the so called loop.
Lots of parking available leading up to the entrance of the trail.

Great hike! Awesome views as reward!

Great trail. Beautiful. Full of fog when we went. The only complaint is the app showed the trail as a loop in red. I didn't realize you have to go back the way you came until we were at the top lookout. It would be nice if it wasn't in red showing a loop. Other than that it was amazing and a lot of fun.

First time and loved it! No hiking shoes needed, running shoes are fine. Incline is slow and steady, great workout. Spectacular views of LA skyline and ocean. If I lived closer, I’d do this hike weekly!

Great hike!!!!!

Great hike. Beautiful views.

Uphill all the way in but worth the hike for the views from Midway and at the top. You can see from Palos Verdes to County line. Sunrise is worth getting up for!

Love this hike. It’s in town and hard as hell but worth it if you’re fit and want to stay that way. Great views of beaches on a nice day.

Done this trail a few times and it's definitely a good workout. This is perfect hiking weather right now so, was able to do it in a total of 2 hrs and 15 mins. (If you count that I ran it about 1/3 of the way to the top and ran all the way down.

Great hike and great views from the top. Pretty good workout but this is a perfect time of year to hike, except the fires.

Excellent trail

Excelente trail

You can make this a shorter hike by turning around once you get to the first lookout point. It would then be about 2.6 mi. That's what I did today. Check out my map of your interested. One of my favorite hikes, great shade and fun (LL portion). After that it's pretty much out in the open.

Picturesque LA hike

My favorite hike in the city

great! not easy!