Long Lake Loop Trail

Long Lake Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Clio, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike. my 4 yr olds first backpacking trip. we camped at long lake eventhough it was "restricted". my son was too tired to hike out. this would have been nice to know before we got uo there.

Some shade, but wear sun screen.

This hike was incredible. Highly recommended. Gorgeous lakes, places to relax, views... just perfect.

Gorgeous views, wonderful hike.
Depending on time of year it can be very windy. Carry plenty of water for the backside as the only access to the lake is a short distance.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Doesn't get much better than this! Low traffic and beautiful views. I took a longer route going to Bear Lake too added a couple miles. Easy to follow.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

A trail with beautiful vistas everywhere you look. Looking forward to doing more hikes in the area.

Friday, June 17, 2016

The PCT portion still had snow on it when I hiked it June 12. Camping at long lake is prohibited but the lakes to the north are amazing and you can camp there. Fun easy trails.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Beautiful hike. I would rate this more moderate rather than easy. There are some rocky sections on the Mt. Elwell side of the trail that was a little difficult on my dogs paws after awhile (granted my dog has city paws). I could also see younger kids having a tough time, but there are shorter loops in the area for them. Beautiful views every time you stop to take a breather!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Great. Gorgeous! Be prepared to do some decently-difficult climbing over rocks/boulders on the far end of the lake. Definitely doable but I would not recommend for kids, elderly, or those in a more fragile state. Will take about 3 hours if you keep moving. I would highly recommend to others looking for a solid hike.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Thursday, September 17, 2015

We wandered this trail over Labor Day weekend while the weather was just right. This was one of several trails that intertwine. The landscape and several lakes are beautiful and offer many photo ops. The trail was very well marked, well maintained and easy to identify. There is much that is easy to travel but several areas that are a bit more steep.

The one area of the trail that I would caution people to be aware of is on the far side of Long Lake. The trail crests over a peak and then turns into solid rock and boulders for a while. Enough so that hubs and I joked about going "billy goating". It was not terribly difficult, but definitely enough that you want appropriate shoes and need to watch your step.

There is an inlet to the PCT noted approx. 2 miles from the trail head, but we wound up on a different path before we got there. We'll definitely take a return trip to go dip a toe onto the PCT.