Woodridge Long Canyon Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(241)
Woodridge Open Space

Woodridge Long Canyon Loop is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Simi Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 554 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice hike with decent inclines. The trail had almost no signs at all. There are a lot of snakes on the trail and we saw quite a bit of dead mice. If you plan on bringing your dog make sure you do so when its cooler in the day, the trail has no shade. Trail is still open and is outside of a residential area.

Is this trail open as of 4/20/20?

The trail is still open! There were people on the trail but it wasn’t crowded to the point where you couldn’t maintain appropriate distance :) happy hiking!

closed

"open space closed" but if your ethics are in line with mine I didn't see anyone enforcing it. plenty of people still doing their activities

recorded Woodridge Long Canyon Loop

Such a beautiful hike! Especially around sunset.

Stunning set of trails! Definitely will end up going back more often now that I went, it is right around the corner from where we live. The hills are so lush and full of wildflowers and birds. Honestly one of my favorite hikes I have done in California since I moved here.

Ate shit and kicked my ass :)

Second time mountain biking on this trail - just getting better and better.

This was my first mountain biking trail and it was amazing, definitely my new hobby. Nice clean trail some inclines but not hard at all - recommend it

We went a little off the beaten path, very enjoyable and mostly very easy hike. saw fresh coyote prints in the mud from the rain yesterday.

Went clockwise late in the afternoon and the first bit had a nice incline. After that it was easy hiking all the way around with some cool rock formations to explore. This would be a hot one in the summer as there is no shade on the trail. Some nice views and not as strenuous as some of the longer hikes around Autumn Ridge.

A little steep right out the gate but once you get up the hill it becomes really enjoyable. There are a lot of trails that connect behind the hill so it’s perfect if you have some extra time for detours. For example we realized westlake blvd was only .6m off our route so we added that out/back to our hike. A couple bikes, a couple trail runners, mostly people just out for a good morning walk.

Steep in the beginning then gets easier

Great morning hike. Starts off really steep, but everything after that is super easy. I loved the views and I’m going to keep coming back

Dog mess and rattlesnakes.

We took a mixture of fire roads and trails some parts were overgrown, we say lots of birds: California towhee, roadrunner, mockingbird, swallows, quail with babies, duck with babies.

Sun May 05 2019

Wonderful trail. Flooded with butterflies today. Beautiful wildflowers on the outbound, with magnificent scenery. Beautiful rock formations.

Sun May 05 2019

Absolutely beautiful hike. Flowers,butterflies massive rock formations. Just stunning.

Mon Apr 29 2019

Great trail especially right now from the past rains. Rattlesnakes are out right now. I ended up riding past one right on the trail so keep an eye out and stay vigilant. Tons of butterflies at the moment.

Mon Apr 22 2019

Definitely liked this trail originally, however a section of it has what seems like a colony of ground bees or something. Very nerve racking. Aside from that, it was a very beautiful and fun hike. But because of that, wouldn’t be too excited to do it again.

Sun Mar 31 2019

No shade,some incline at start or end depending on which way you start from trail head parking

Tue Mar 19 2019

great trail. easy. and spectacular flowers and views