Lodi Lake Nature Trail

Lodi Lake Nature Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lodi, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until July.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 6 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paddle sports

NOTE: Dogs are okay on leash by the park, but dogs are not allowed on the nature trail.

Quite nice for just walking around in nature. Paved or primitive trails. Not very long, but nice in winter or summer for some outdoor air and exercise.

Lots of deer early in the morning, and they aren’t bashful at all

My family lives in Lathrop and I decided to check out the trail with my brother on a Monday afternoon. It is a short, scenic walk and we both really appreciated the informational plaques along the trail. We also saw squirrels, ducks and a deer. Make sure to find and follow the sign “Nature Area”. The entrance is a fenced area with a small parking lot. We initially tried to circle the lake and had to backtrack.

Beautiful hike with gorgeous views at the ridge and wonderful greenery throughout. The moderate rating was accurate, some steep parts and rocky at the beginning. Would definitely do this one again.

Love this place! Perfect for when I can’t get away but want to feel like I have. Love to watch the deer and other wildlife. My kids and I come here several times a week to walk ❤️

Shaded, flat, nice and easy. I did a couple of laps around the nature area and then out to the paved parts around the lake to get more miles in.

recorded Recording - May 30, 10:55 AM

First time walking here and we loved it. So many beautiful trees and lots of nature totally making you feel like you are in the wilderness. We were even fortunate to see a group of deer right up close. It's not a long trail but you can always double it like what we did. We are planning on coming back. Such a beautiful trail. Highly recommend it.

It's an easy trail that's flat. I really want to go kayaking next time. It's close to home so a nice getaway for a couple hours or however long I want to stay. I love seeing the animals. It would be a good trail to take kids. There's mild to moderate traffic.

Short trail good for walking, jogging and running. It's not a hike. Nice view of the lake where you can see kayakers, paddle boarders and people enjoying fishing. There is wild life such as deer, ducks, a good area for bird watchers.

Thu Jan 10 2019

Short easy trail with moderate traffic during the weekends. Nice calming way to get away from the city for a little while. The lake and park that accompany it are awesome as well for spending a day at.

Mon Nov 12 2018

Great trail, saw lots of deers, squirrels and kids learned about surrounding plants. Nice little hike! Plus it was a treat taking out some kayaks after the walk.

Mon Sep 24 2018

Such a nice surprise to find this in the middle of Lodi! only down side is theres no dogs allowed--understandably as theres TONS of deer in there. I did break the rule the first time but never again, dont want to freak out the wildlife no matter how well behaved my dog is.

Sat Aug 25 2018

it's a quick walk, flat.

Fri Aug 17 2018

nice walk with our baby in the umbrella stroller. nice views too!

Sun Aug 05 2018

Short and sweet hike for those looking for a low key jaunt. Pretty atmosphere.

Wed Aug 01 2018

I love this lake. Sweet tree you can jump out of right off the trail. Definitely will return.

Tue Jul 17 2018

Nice and easy, good relaxing stroll

Sat Jul 14 2018

Nice easy hike, mostly shaded. Saw deer and lots of birds.

Fri May 04 2018

Fantastic trail to take the younger kiddos. We saw deer, turtles, ducks, geese, and an abundance of squirrels. There are trail markers with info of the local flora and fauna for the older kids to discover. Remember to keep a quiet voice as there are always people fishing the banks of the Mokolumne River and Pigs Lake.

Thu May 03 2018

Easy ride thru here...deer out in the meadow

Thu Apr 19 2018

Love going here with the family, we take a stroller and toddlers bike, the kids love coming here to see all the deer! Great nature walk

Tue Apr 10 2018

Run here all time, as it’s the only nature trail in Lodi. It’s good and shaded for when it gets hot in the summer, nice views of the Moke. Wish it were longer!

Mon Apr 02 2018

Very nice, lots of squirrels. Great for walking children in strollers. Be a great place for a birthday party or just to hike around with friends.

Wed Feb 07 2018

Trail was well kept and good trail markers to point out and inform hikers about local wildlife and plant life. Great for kids. Right in town for a “quick” nature adventure or every day run

Sat Feb 03 2018

Nice easy trail for a walk or a run. By 11:00 it gets a bit busy.

Mon Jan 01 2018

Very relaxing

Tue Nov 28 2017

Easiest hike you could ask for. Beautiful ecosystem, ran into deer midday.

Thu Sep 14 2017

Fairly easy, nice in the summer / fall you have access to the sandbar as well as some little nooks to get into the water, later in the day the deer are also out and extremely friendly!

Tue Aug 01 2017

I visit this trail a lot, since I'm local. Very relaxing and easy. I like picking the blackberries when the season is in! Foresty and shady.

Mon Jul 03 2017

Great view, short and easy trails for all ages.