Loch Lomond Recreation Area

Loch Lomond Recreation Area is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Felton, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

sea kayaking

Explore the wonders of Loch Lomond hiking trails, the Maclaren Loop offers redwood and oak forest as well as views of the lake.

Nice lake in the middle of a beautiful redwood forest. Lots of fishermen the first half mile of the trail, but after that we had the rest of the trail all to ourselves.

Absolutely beautiful. Definitely one of my all time favorites.

Long shaded redwood trail. Quite steep elevation climbs in short spurts. Wonderful lake views, can’t wait to come back and rent a small boat and go fishing!

I lost my cellphone on the trail today. Galaxy s5. please call 720-233-7026. thanks!

A great hike with the dog. It get's busy on weekend afternoons so I recommend going early. The resovor is beautiful and full of wild life.

Easy hike did the loop starting from the end point
You can also rent some fishing boat and explore
Around nice for barbecue as well

Lived in Santa Cruz 10 years and never knew this place was up here! Went the counter-clockwise route as suggested. Took the Glen trails to Big Trees trail to Highland trail around to Loch trail back to the park store, total of 5 miles. Mosquitoes were SWARMING!! kinda of a drag but I was prepared with Doterra Terra shield bug repellent and not one bite.

Very nice trail and I enjoyed it a lot. I'd recommend to hike it counter-clockwise. This way you can do hills first and finish with a stroll along lake shore. Also when I was there I encounter some mosquitoes, so having repellent handy would be a good idea.

Beautiful hike with amazing views. We were a novice group of hikers and it took us about 2 hours to complete the hike. Comparisons to the Sierras are accurate. Will definitely be back.

Great trails and great fishing !!!!

Some of the short trails near HQ don't have clear entrances, might get off trails easily if you don't double check.

There's no map guide, and all the online maps are missing some details, need to take a picture of the map on the bulletin board at parking lot before hiking.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Closed from Mid-October to April.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

So so beautiful! The majority of the hike is uphill so just be prepared for a more strenuous adventure. Bring water too as there is no drinking water on the trail or even in the recreation area. 6 dollars to enter and park.

Monday, May 16, 2016

It was beautiful today! The trails are all in fantastic shape and the water was crystal clear. It's one of the very few 100% dog friendly parks in the area (excluding the water since it's drinking water). Next time we will have to kayak out to the little picnic island!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

We went to hike that trail only to find that it is closed. We asked and was told that it is closed for 3 years now due to the draught.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Great for dogs, families, picnics, fishing, Kayaking. One of my favorite spots in the Bay Area. Amazingly peaceful and beautiful.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

i love this trail, the clime up to the weather station is getting easier each trip. It is still a strenuous workout