Loch Lomond Recreation Area

Loch Lomond Recreation Area is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Felton, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

sea kayaking

Explore the wonders of Loch Lomond hiking trails, the Maclaren Loop offers redwood and oak forest as well as views of the lake.

Absolutely beautiful. Definitely one of my all time favorites.

Long shaded redwood trail. Quite steep elevation climbs in short spurts. Wonderful lake views, can’t wait to come back and rent a small boat and go fishing!

I lost my cellphone on the trail today. Galaxy s5. please call 720-233-7026. thanks!

A great hike with the dog. It get's busy on weekend afternoons so I recommend going early. The resovor is beautiful and full of wild life.

Easy hike did the loop starting from the end point
You can also rent some fishing boat and explore
Around nice for barbecue as well

Lived in Santa Cruz 10 years and never knew this place was up here! Went the counter-clockwise route as suggested. Took the Glen trails to Big Trees trail to Highland trail around to Loch trail back to the park store, total of 5 miles. Mosquitoes were SWARMING!! kinda of a drag but I was prepared with Doterra Terra shield bug repellent and not one bite.

Very nice trail and I enjoyed it a lot. I'd recommend to hike it counter-clockwise. This way you can do hills first and finish with a stroll along lake shore. Also when I was there I encounter some mosquitoes, so having repellent handy would be a good idea.

Beautiful hike with amazing views. We were a novice group of hikers and it took us about 2 hours to complete the hike. Comparisons to the Sierras are accurate. Will definitely be back.