Lizard Canyon Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Julian, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from November until April.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 498 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This park continues to be temporarily closed to camping and vehicular access, which includes all roads within the park, dirt roads, dirt parking lots, and washes. In addition, there are no parking facilities and parking on roadways is prohibited to protect public health from the COVID-19 pandemic. Although this park is open to local residents, they must abide by the following guidelines: Stay Local: Walk or bike into the park. Do not drive to the park. Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails. Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors are being asked to leave if there are too many people at the park or on trails to allow for the required physical distance. Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.

Fri Jan 12 2018

The trail at the end of the road has an impasse at about one tenth of a mile up the narrow wash. There is a way to bypass it on the steep hillside of crumbly granite, but it is a bit treacherous on descent. For casual hikers I would not recommend this trail. For the young and adventurous it would be fine.

Fri Jan 03 2014

easy hike, walked to from our campsite across the street in Yaqui Well. went around 8am. as we began the hike there were a couple bullet shells then came across a coyote head sticking out of the dirt. I thought it was a German Shepard at first but it was a coyote. its a pretty canyon and leads to a rock canyon that I was semi difficult to climb into. I wanted to do more but it was time to turn around. unfortunately didn't see any cool lizards but we hiked pretty early. beautiful but basic hike. I like to be challenged a bit more. also I enjoy pretty rocks and found a few. have fun and enjoy.