Little Canyon Loop

Little Canyon Loop is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Yorba Linda, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until May. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Orange County rolling hills MIles of hiking and biking fun! Chino Hills State park offers a wide variety of hiking, Biking and camping opportunities within Orange county. The park has many trails and many options for hiking different distances and locations. The entrance at Rim Crest Dr. offers free parking on the street. West and east ends of the park offer parking for a nominal fee. The Chino hills entrance also offers family camping sites. The Little Canyon loop starts at the south ridge trail and proceeds east, up the hill for just over a mile. at the first trail to the left, a sign marks the Little Canyon trail. Little Canyon trail is a narrow trail that has a steep slope down to the Telegraph Canyon trail (about .3 mile). At the Telegraph trail, head back west and locate the easy street trail also about a mile from Little Canyon. Easy street ends at Rim crest dr.

Good long hike!

This is a great little loop trail that is part of a series of connected trails in the park. I used the Easy Street trailhead (which was pretty busy). Despite the number of cars at the trailhead, I saw few people on my hike. This section of the park seems most popular with mountain bikers, but it is also good for trail running since the “trail” is a well-maintained dirt road.

Trail is pretty easy.

Amazing hike. Even without the lush green hills.

A nice short hike that's great for the beginner. If you're not in shape then the hills can be a challenge but that's part of the fun. Parking can get busy along the street so maybe get there a little before 8am on the weekends and you should be good.

Narrow trail in the beginning but it widens as you work your way into the mountains. Plenty of bikers so be aware. It was quite dry and lacked the lush green I was hoping to see but it was a transcending hike indeed.

Nice short hike down to the canyon. Scenery is average. Need to do early morning in the summers. Easy to run this trail as well.

Beautiful trail right now because of the flowers and all the green from the rain this winter.

South Ridge and Little Canyon were very steep but Telegraph was flat. The first two miles was a killer. The view was worth it. We saw a rattlesnake on South Ridge and a second snake was spotted by another hiker. The ravine and oak trees were gorgeous on Telegraph.

Great hike! Absolutely beautiful rolling hills and I've never seen them so green! Clear trails, can't really get lost. There is one rest area with a porta-potty about 2.5 miles in, but nothing after that. Overall, I recommend it as a nice long distance hike that isn't too strenuous

Green and lush after the heavy rains of 2017. Water in stream bed. Saw a bobcat during my hike today, a rarity.

Great moderate hike thats located close to me. Many different trails to wander off on from this main one, but all of them lead back to each other. Fun to explore knowing I wont get lost. I utilize it year round, but my favorite time to go is in the spring. The hills look like they straight out of the Sound of Music.

love the view , lots of koyotes

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Nice long trail. There are spots to stop and sit along the way. Several tracks connect. However, it's mainly dry and desert like now.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

This trail is a nice scenic hike that I would definitely recommend, however I'm sad to say the pictures don't represent the trail at all. All of the green grass is gone, you're basically hiking on a dirt trail. But still a nice hike!

Sunday, March 13, 2016

amazing hike. challenging and beautiful. many trails to choose from.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Nice views , rolling hills and going through bovilian delight trail was good

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Awesome short hike east from Rim Crest.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I hiked this trail on a Friday afternoon starting at about 3. I started at the trailhead at the top of Rimcrest Drive (I don't know what the previous reviewer is referring to about the trailhead not being there any more) and followed the ridge trail out to San Juan Hill. The hills this time of year we wonderfully green thanks to all the rain we've had. The ridge trail is a nice "rollercoaster" providing some good chances to get the heart rate elevated. It is also exposed to the sun the entire way which should be taken into consideration when doing this hike in the warmer months. After reaching the summit of San Juan Hill, I rested for a bit before heading a little farther southeast to catch the canyon trail back to the trailhead. The canyon trail was very different from the ridge trail. It follows a stream the entire way and is surrounded by trees on both sides. When I got back to my car my Garmin watch showed the distance as 8.32 miles. Overall this was a pleasant hike with great views of Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties on the way out and a pleasant walk through a shaded canyon for the return trip.