Little Baldy Trail

Little Baldy Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

The summit of this hike offers an amazing view of the Silliman Crest and the Great Western Divide. Located 1.5 miles south of Dorst Campground, the Little Baldy trailhead is marked by a large sign on the east side of the road. After two switchbacks, you are guided through a quiet forest before the trail opens up onto the top of an open granite dome.

I would say this is easy to moderate with a few switch backs and slight elevation change. It took us about 45mins to get to the top and I took quite a few breaks along the way. I enjoyed this hike and would recommend it to beginners or those looking for a short, fun hike.

Easy but breathtaking

Great short hike. Wonderful views from the top. When we went it was a little hazy, but the sunlight through the clouds was amazing. https://zachhuff.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/hike-to-little-baldy-sequoia-national-park/

One of my favorite hikes! The beginning is a little steep, but the incline begins to steady itself once you get through the initial two switchbacks. It's a nice short hike to bring friends to that don't normally hike. Two out of the three times I've hiked it, I've gotten to the summit and had the dome all to myself or with the friends I took with me. Definitely a great place to sit and be still.

This hike has everything. Well maintained trail with easy switchbacks, great views along the way up and a serene panorama up at the top. Bonus is that it is not highly traveled. We were there in late Sept and saw 1, maybe 2 other cars parked along the road for the hike. Once you get up there though there are several places to tuck in to avoid the wind and take in the view for as long as you want with no one else around. Took my husband and I a couple of hours for the hike itself and we stayed at the top for about a half hour. Would have stayed longer but it was a little cold (lower 40's). Highly recommend!

Nice short morning hike

Wonderful view, and such an easy hike! Try to avoid fire season. No traffic was encountered at all.

My favorite hike we did in the park, GREAT views for an easier trail. Saw only two other groups on the trail, nice & quiet

Great hike. Started at our camp at Dorst Creek and hiked a not as well used trail to the start point on Generals Hwy. The views at the top were amazing!

Nice hike through the forest with nice views of the high sierras from the top.