Little Baldy Trail

Little Baldy Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Fir, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

The summit of this hike offers an amazing view of the Silliman Crest and the Great Western Divide. Located 1.5 miles south of Dorst Campground, the Little Baldy trailhead is marked by a large sign on the east side of the road. After two switchbacks, you are guided through a quiet forest before the trail opens up onto the top of an open granite dome.

Great! Nice workout even though the hike isn't too long. Hardly any people on the trail, views are incredible - sitting on top and gazing out into the Great Western Divide was the highlight of our trip. Do not attempt if icy or any chance of lightning, but definitely attempt otherwise!

great alternative when Morro rock is crowded. first part is steep and relatively boring switchbacks but once you reach the ridge it's a nice hike.

If you find yourself in Sequoia NP, do not miss this trail! The peak is a granite dome with a fantastic 360 degree view.

Nice trails with long switchbacks to lessen the climb. The views were amazing but heave smoke lessened the distance you could see.

I would say this is easy to moderate with a few switch backs and slight elevation change. It took us about 45mins to get to the top and I took quite a few breaks along the way. I enjoyed this hike and would recommend it to beginners or those looking for a short, fun hike.

Easy but breathtaking

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Great short hike. Wonderful views from the top. When we went it was a little hazy, but the sunlight through the clouds was amazing. https://zachhuff.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/hike-to-little-baldy-sequoia-national-park/

Monday, October 03, 2016

One of my favorite hikes! The beginning is a little steep, but the incline begins to steady itself once you get through the initial two switchbacks. It's a nice short hike to bring friends to that don't normally hike. Two out of the three times I've hiked it, I've gotten to the summit and had the dome all to myself or with the friends I took with me. Definitely a great place to sit and be still.

Friday, September 23, 2016

This hike has everything. Well maintained trail with easy switchbacks, great views along the way up and a serene panorama up at the top. Bonus is that it is not highly traveled. We were there in late Sept and saw 1, maybe 2 other cars parked along the road for the hike. Once you get up there though there are several places to tuck in to avoid the wind and take in the view for as long as you want with no one else around. Took my husband and I a couple of hours for the hike itself and we stayed at the top for about a half hour. Would have stayed longer but it was a little cold (lower 40's). Highly recommend!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Nice short morning hike

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wonderful view, and such an easy hike! Try to avoid fire season. No traffic was encountered at all.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

My favorite hike we did in the park, GREAT views for an easier trail. Saw only two other groups on the trail, nice & quiet

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great hike. Started at our camp at Dorst Creek and hiked a not as well used trail to the start point on Generals Hwy. The views at the top were amazing!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Nice hike through the forest with nice views of the high sierras from the top.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Had the view to ourselves! A definitely recommended short and easy trail with a beautiful view

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Love this trail.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Note: not easy for people who are out of shape; felt more moderate. The end is steeper so for those of you like me who are more out of shape, I recommend taking a break at the first summit.

Friday, May 15, 2015

NO complaints about this trail, the difficulty, the maintenance or the rewarding views at the peak of LIttle Baldy. Nothing but vistas as far as the eyes can see. In fact, we saw Big Baldy from Little Baldy and opted to go hike that one after we were done here. Less than 800 feet elevation gain for us on this hike. Recommended for all.

Monday, February 24, 2014

pretty nice hike...a little shorty

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Did this hike at 3:30PM trying to get one more hike in with friends. Two multiple car turn-offs for plenty of parking at the trail head. Initial hike is a set of switch backs up the side of the ridge. Once on top of the ridge a nice hike through some woods. The view is fantastic at the summit.