Lisa's Lookout via Lisa Killough Trail

moderate 140 reviews

Lisa's Lookout via Lisa Killough Trail is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near San Jose, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.9 miles Elevation Gain: 567 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Overall this trail is really nice to run. The directions were off around the 5 mile mark. It says to go up a path that doesn’t exist (All trials y’all need to update this one.) Probably 75% of the people using the trail were mountain bikers. Most of the trail is wide enough to share. I did 10ish miles but forgot to do one section. I believe it wasn’t really necessary to take the last left part of the trail because it makes you go down then back up a hill and I was getting tired. Finished under 2 hours.

Meh, it’s a pretty boring long walk

Great little hike - lots of parking, pretty flat, dry before the rain but as others shared tons of mountain bikers

This is a fun trails with lots of nice views. Not too difficult at all, but still a good workout. My only complaint is way too many mountain bikers. Everyone was nice and I don’t mind sharing the trail, but we had a few near misses and were constantly stopping to let bikers by. That is the reason for the low rating. There is a nice vista with a bench at 1.2 miles. Lisa’s lookout was 2.8 miles from the parking lot. Nice picnic tables for lunch.

Great place for a ride

Do not take this path, it is off trail and should not be used

Great trail! I’d rate it easy rather than moderate, gets a little steep the closer you get to the Lisa Killough lookout but not much of an incline all together. Definitely suggest wearing a hat, little shade.

Nice trail but the amount of mountain bikers makes me not want to hike again. I’ve hiked it twice and most of the mountain bikers are nice but got a rude one the first time and the second time had at least 30-40 mountain bikers pass us, all were nice but just not as relaxing when so many are bombing up behind or coming towards you. Check for ticks, I had one on me even staying on the trail the entire time.

No shade for the most part. Beautiful wild flowers along the trail. Saw a deer and some cows. Easy trail.

Trail as listed does not go through. You need to climb through and over some barb wire fences to find your way back

This trail was long but easy for my friend and I, heavy-set ladies in our 50s. We did it in April and counted over 20 different types of wildflowers! The grass was green and waving in the wind, and there was lots of shade. This wide, graveled trail appears to be fairly new, and most of it is in excellent condition. It has been very thoughtfully laid out to pass through the maximum number of tree groves with the least amount of elevation gain. It is heavily traveled by very friendly mountain bikers. We encountered cows on the path, but when we stepped up onto the bank, one trotted on by. The others we approached carrying a long, large tree branch, and they ran off the trail. Be careful not to get near any calves in spring, and don’t walk between a calf and it’s mother/herd (as my friend who got chased up one of the electrical towers last week could tell you!)

Part of the way the trail is mapped out is not a trail. There were signs specifically saying “Not a trail. Do Not Enter”

Wild flowers are out and beautiful!

Beautiful day!

Loop is closed... So this is an out and back. I suggest you continue about half mile uphill to Lisa's look out where there are two picnic tables and great views!

Sun Jan 13 2019

Part of this look is on roads marked as NOT A TRAIL, DO NOT USE by the Santa Clara County Parks. Did not doo the loop. Continued up to Lisa’s Lookout and then back.

Sun Jan 13 2019

Fun trail, well maintained. A little muddy at times because of the recent rain. Moderate is a perfect description for this trail. A little bit of a challenge at times, but definitely do-able. The highlight for us was spotting a bald eagle. Nice views of the hills and reservoir both.