Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lisa's Lookout via Lisa Killough Trail

Lisa's Lookout via Lisa Killough Trail is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near San Jose, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail was long but easy for my friend and I, heavy-set ladies in our 50s. We did it in April and counted over 20 different types of wildflowers! The grass was green and waving in the wind, and there was lots of shade. This wide, graveled trail appears to be fairly new, and most of it is in excellent condition. It has been very thoughtfully laid out to pass through the maximum number of tree groves with the least amount of elevation gain. It is heavily traveled by very friendly mountain bikers. We encountered cows on the path, but when we stepped up onto the bank, one trotted on by. The others we approached carrying a long, large tree branch, and they ran off the trail. Be careful not to get near any calves in spring, and don’t walk between a calf and it’s mother/herd (as my friend who got chased up one of the electrical towers last week could tell you!)

Wild flowers are out and beautiful!

Beautiful day!

Loop is closed... So this is an out and back. I suggest you continue about half mile uphill to Lisa's look out where there are two picnic tables and great views!