Lexington Reservoir Trail

Lexington Reservoir Trail is a 4.8 mile loop trail located near Los Gatos, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

This loop trail explores the west side of the Lexington Reservoir A great option for the entire family. This trail is multi-use, and can be steep in sections Take the Limekiln trail to the junction of Priest Rock Trial. Return via the Priest Rock trail. Walk along the shore line to return. The loop can be done in either direction

Beautiful trail and views!!

Good elevation gain to get you some good exercise. Mostly shaded except at the top. Great views of the reservoir towards the end. Small parking area on roadside at the trail head.

Beautiful hike

If you want a good sweat this is the place to go! Awesome workout with great views. Highly recommend it

I really enjoyed this trail, however I would say it's a little harder than moderate. It's completely uphill for about 2.5 miles until the trails diverge. It's a great hike and an awesome workout, but be prepared for a serious incline.

Also, while I was hiking my car window got smashed and my purse was stolen from my backseat. So if you're in this area be sure to lock up your belongings so they are out of sight completely. My windows are even tinted so it's hard to see in my car at all, but the thief was persistent. Would definitely go back despite the theft, but would leave everything I wasn't hiking with at home.

Great hike for a couple or a family. The trail is easily marked, kid and dog friendly, and the majority of the trail is shaded. There are multiple hills on this hike (nothing too drastic) and the views are ah-mazing!! I went on this hike with a gentleman who knew the area which was perfect because he was able to show and explain to me the various landmarks. As a heads up, mountain bikers and runners also use this trail but they were very respectful and friendly. I will definitely be coming back and hiking this trail, and the other trails nearby, in the future!!

Very good trail for a good training, it's hard, but amazing.

This is how I rate: 5 stars has beautiful hike with a feature (i.e. waterfall) and a loop, 4 stars is a beautiful loop hike with no features, 3 stars beautiful but some empty spots along the way... I give this 2 stars because it has a lot of dead spots along the way but a nice view at the top. But the view at the top is very open to the sun, so not super picturesque. Great trail for running but I wouldn't call it a destination.

Well maintained and partially shaded.

Very good hike and among the clouds it goes.. A bit muddy when during rains, but a refreshing one!!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Good moderate challenge, well-maintained trails. Nice amount of shade. Didn't realize the last bit was on the road, but no big deal. Good window of vista in the middle of the hike - we were able to see the Bay. Took us a little under two hours.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Nice walk great view of San Francisco on a clear day on the top of the hill.

Monday, April 25, 2016

great walk. the way up is covered with trees so it's not that hot.. the way down is out in the open but goes a lot faster. we had a 5 year old with us and he got tired only towards the end.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

up hill 2.5 miles, down hill 2.5 miles, so I wouldn't recommend this for small children unless they're carried. the rocks can be very slippery. nice views, lots of wildflowers.

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Good for people that love to get a good work out and also amazing for coming down hill!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Great trail! Starts off with a kick of a hill, but steadies off to beautiful views and a solid hike. It's a well defined, wide path with a good amount of traffic - very safe feeling.

Monday, February 23, 2015

LOVED this hike! Starts out with this insanely steep hill to get to the trail heads where the maps are, I'm not in the best shape, admittedly, but WOW did that hill kick my butt! Beyond that, the trails are GREAT!

There are so many options for routes, we chose the St. Joseph's Hill Loop and so happy we did. This place has foresty areas, grassy meadows, amazing vistas and an option for a quirky little route through a madrone forest where some people have left ornaments in the trees, so cute! Great hike, would love to do this one again.