Lexington Reservoir Trail

Lexington Reservoir Trail is a 4.8 mile loop trail located near Los Gatos, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

sea kayaking

This loop trail explores the west side of the Lexington Reservoir A great option for the entire family. This trail is multi-use, and can be steep in sections Take the Limekiln trail to the junction of Priest Rock Trial. Return via the Priest Rock trail. Walk along the shore line to return. The loop can be done in either direction

I really enjoyed this trail, however I would say it's a little harder than moderate. It's completely uphill for about 2.5 miles until the trails diverge. It's a great hike and an awesome workout, but be prepared for a serious incline.

Also, while I was hiking my car window got smashed and my purse was stolen from my backseat. So if you're in this area be sure to lock up your belongings so they are out of sight completely. My windows are even tinted so it's hard to see in my car at all, but the thief was persistent. Would definitely go back despite the theft, but would leave everything I wasn't hiking with at home.

Great hike for a couple or a family. The trail is easily marked, kid and dog friendly, and the majority of the trail is shaded. There are multiple hills on this hike (nothing too drastic) and the views are ah-mazing!! I went on this hike with a gentleman who knew the area which was perfect because he was able to show and explain to me the various landmarks. As a heads up, mountain bikers and runners also use this trail but they were very respectful and friendly. I will definitely be coming back and hiking this trail, and the other trails nearby, in the future!!