Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls

Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Oakhurst, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 977 feet Route Type: Out & Back

29 minutes ago

The waterfalls makes the hike worth every step

definitely spray for bugs. Good hike. water falls running and very peaceful.

Nice little walk along the creek with some waterfalls 1.2 miles in. That’s as far as I went but was able to do it on a torn acl and menisci without any difficulty; nothing too challenging

Absolutely beautiful trail. Only hiked a mile of it but I'll definitely be back!

Great hike, esp for kids. Trees and waterfalls are heavenly for city weary LA folk.

Nice secluded trail. Not too steep. Dog friendly. Waterfalls were not impressive but still worth the trip.

the first half it's pretty easy to follow the trail. In between it gets a little tricky to see where the trail is going, but absolutely stunning foliage in the fall

Great trail with beautiful waterfalls. Nice to see people bring their dogs and children. A lot of families but not over crowded. Pretty steep stairs and some tricky terrain with rocks and roots so wear sturdy shoes with good grip. Pack a lunch, a good book and stay a while at the pools. Such beautiful scenery.!

My go to hike! I've done it multiple times and it's always beautiful. it's easy to explore different parts and only do as much as you are prepared for.

Fun trail, especially in the afternoon when it’s not too hot!

Beautiful trail with some great views. Creek and falls are currently flowing. We will be back here again.

awesome trail! a little buggy, not too bad. lots of spots to get in the water for the doggos. not at all busy on a wednesday! perfect temps out!

Tracked at 6.13 miles and 1,166 ft. Elevation gain. Mostly uphill on the way up to the falls, but occasional flat and downhill sections, which is nice that the uphill is broken up. Hiked it on an October Saturday afternoon and it was pretty crowded. Nice that you’re hiking along water almost the whole time and 2 different waterfalls. Nice hike!

This was a great trail but we only went passed the first set of falls. The bugs were getting bad and we had already hiking 25 miles the two days prior. All in all it was a nice trial but some spots were overgrown and a few wet crossings.

Water is still going strong. Moderate up till the first Falls. Easy to the second. Would recommend. Our dog loved it. Very pretty. My Fitbit clocked it as 7.7 miles. Husbands clocked it about 7 miles. Would recommend getting there early. Crowded if you get there after 10am. We started our hike at 9am and only passed 3 sets of groups coming back down. On our way back to the parking lot we were stopping for uphill hikers every 5-10 minutes for an hour.

This trail is nice and easy. There's one short section of a moderate incline as you approach the first set of falls but the rest of the trail is pretty flat. We got on the trail around 8:30 in the morning and there was only one other car in the parking lot - the lot was full when we left around 1:30 so I would recommend getting there early. Both sets of falls were nice but I'd say that the first one is definitely nicer and has more places to hangout by the river. We didn't see a ton of people which was really nice after spending the previous day at Yosemite. I would do this hike again but probably wouldn't make these trek to the second set of falls unless I was looking to get some easy miles under my belt. There were no issues with any bugs while we were there. The water was freezing!

Beautiful hike!

ive been coming here for years and absolutely love it. great for all skill levels.

Easy trail. Beautiful waterfall. Make sure to use ropes to walk down to the base of the waterfall for a better view.

We only planned to go to corlieu falls which is about a mile in. The trek was steeper than anticipated but so incredibly worth it. There is a side trail with a blue rope to get down to the falls. It literally took my breath away. By far the most beautiful waterfall I've experienced to date.

This trail is great! If you start at the south end and go all the way to Red Rock Falls, the view will be worth it but your legs may be a bit sore by the time you get back to your car. There are some rocky portions and areas where the trail narrows, but if you exercise regularly, I can see where this trail would be listed only as “moderate” (although it is a bit difficult in places). Beautiful scenery and mostly shaded trail, but it’s unfortunate that there was some trash left by others. The trail itself had recently been maintained as the trees that had fallen across the trail had been cut, except for one or two which were easy to get over. Also to whoever put the rope on the fallen tree to create the “bridge”, thank you! The rock path across the creek is slippery and unstable and no one likes wet feet! We started the hike at 6am and no one else was there, but when we left, the parking area was full and we passed several groups of people heading up the trail. So if you want the trail mostly to yourself, I would suggest going at dawn or very shortly after. Also, I’m not sure how the trail was measured, but my Fitbit and Apple phone measured it to be roughly 7.75 miles from the south entrance to Red Rock Falls. Another person in my group had the same distance measured as me, so unless we wandered around an extra two miles, it is longer than 5.5 miles.

The trail was easy with a few spots where the incline would have you puffing for about 5 mins. My 5 year old made it with no issues. The water was cold at the base of the waterfall. There were a few others on the trail. Short hike, about 40-50 mins, and thats with two rest stops. Great for beginners.

Great trail, steep incline in the beginning but dog friendly & lots of shade/water to enjoy majority of the way. Follow signs to Red Rock Falls for a view & some swimming

The incline up definitely took us by surprise. Very steep. We reach the very top, and took another route up to Red Rock Falls. Very glad we met the stranger along the way who told us to continue, otherwise we would have missed out on the amazing views at the end. Very worth it. Ran the trail back down. Super sore after. I saw a lot of kids and small dogs. So, id say, anyone/animal can do this one.

I’ve been on this trail several times over the pass 5 years & it really needs some maintenance. Lots of people use the trail as there aren’t that many other trails around Oakhurst.