Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls

Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Oakhurst, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 977 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Fun trail, especially in the afternoon when it’s not too hot!

Beautiful trail with some great views. Creek and falls are currently flowing. We will be back here again.

awesome trail! a little buggy, not too bad. lots of spots to get in the water for the doggos. not at all busy on a wednesday! perfect temps out!

Tracked at 6.13 miles and 1,166 ft. Elevation gain. Mostly uphill on the way up to the falls, but occasional flat and downhill sections, which is nice that the uphill is broken up. Hiked it on an October Saturday afternoon and it was pretty crowded. Nice that you’re hiking along water almost the whole time and 2 different waterfalls. Nice hike!

This was a great trail but we only went passed the first set of falls. The bugs were getting bad and we had already hiking 25 miles the two days prior. All in all it was a nice trial but some spots were overgrown and a few wet crossings.

Water is still going strong. Moderate up till the first Falls. Easy to the second. Would recommend. Our dog loved it. Very pretty. My Fitbit clocked it as 7.7 miles. Husbands clocked it about 7 miles. Would recommend getting there early. Crowded if you get there after 10am. We started our hike at 9am and only passed 3 sets of groups coming back down. On our way back to the parking lot we were stopping for uphill hikers every 5-10 minutes for an hour.

This trail is nice and easy. There's one short section of a moderate incline as you approach the first set of falls but the rest of the trail is pretty flat. We got on the trail around 8:30 in the morning and there was only one other car in the parking lot - the lot was full when we left around 1:30 so I would recommend getting there early. Both sets of falls were nice but I'd say that the first one is definitely nicer and has more places to hangout by the river. We didn't see a ton of people which was really nice after spending the previous day at Yosemite. I would do this hike again but probably wouldn't make these trek to the second set of falls unless I was looking to get some easy miles under my belt. There were no issues with any bugs while we were there. The water was freezing!

Beautiful hike!

ive been coming here for years and absolutely love it. great for all skill levels.

Easy trail. Beautiful waterfall. Make sure to use ropes to walk down to the base of the waterfall for a better view.

We only planned to go to corlieu falls which is about a mile in. The trek was steeper than anticipated but so incredibly worth it. There is a side trail with a blue rope to get down to the falls. It literally took my breath away. By far the most beautiful waterfall I've experienced to date.

This trail is great! If you start at the south end and go all the way to Red Rock Falls, the view will be worth it but your legs may be a bit sore by the time you get back to your car. There are some rocky portions and areas where the trail narrows, but if you exercise regularly, I can see where this trail would be listed only as “moderate” (although it is a bit difficult in places). Beautiful scenery and mostly shaded trail, but it’s unfortunate that there was some trash left by others. The trail itself had recently been maintained as the trees that had fallen across the trail had been cut, except for one or two which were easy to get over. Also to whoever put the rope on the fallen tree to create the “bridge”, thank you! The rock path across the creek is slippery and unstable and no one likes wet feet! We started the hike at 6am and no one else was there, but when we left, the parking area was full and we passed several groups of people heading up the trail. So if you want the trail mostly to yourself, I would suggest going at dawn or very shortly after. Also, I’m not sure how the trail was measured, but my Fitbit and Apple phone measured it to be roughly 7.75 miles from the south entrance to Red Rock Falls. Another person in my group had the same distance measured as me, so unless we wandered around an extra two miles, it is longer than 5.5 miles.

Great trail, steep incline in the beginning but dog friendly & lots of shade/water to enjoy majority of the way. Follow signs to Red Rock Falls for a view & some swimming

The incline up definitely took us by surprise. Very steep. We reach the very top, and took another route up to Red Rock Falls. Very glad we met the stranger along the way who told us to continue, otherwise we would have missed out on the amazing views at the end. Very worth it. Ran the trail back down. Super sore after. I saw a lot of kids and small dogs. So, id say, anyone/animal can do this one.

I’ve been on this trail several times over the pass 5 years & it really needs some maintenance. Lots of people use the trail as there aren’t that many other trails around Oakhurst.

This trail was not to bad for a first timer, my family and I enjoyed it. My son is 6 years old he did great out there. Highly recommend

Loved!

Beautiful trail, the parking location is in an odd location but it is a minor detail. Almost a completely shaded path. Some trees have fallen so be careful when climbing over them. Short hike but welll worth it!

We started at the south entrance by following the directions on Google map to the trail. Midway through the trail, the incline became a bit challenging (I know because my heart rate starts to go up!) but it was good work out. There was plenty of shade, nice water fall, creek sounds, hikers of all ages, dogs... stopped at a few spots to enjoy the sights and sounds. Reached the wooden bench lookout and it was a beautiful waterfall, great for instagrammers. We continued up to another water creek feeding the waterfall (a min from the north entrance). It took us just a little over an hour to the last stop- from south to north entrance. We continued a little further up by crossing a log and it was clear we were nearing the top of the mountain/trail but decided to go back when we saw across the creek that it was parallel to 41 and we could see the cars zooming by. The walk back was easy, a lot faster as it was pretty much downhill from there. Enjoyed it. Would probably do it again. Maybe go to the end of the trail and see what is at the end? Picnic always enjoyable

This trail has a great view of the waterfall. If you continue down, theres an area where you can eat and get in the creek.

My friends and I love this trail we go once a month it’s easy if your pretty active there is a fair incline once your start going higher towards the highest waterfall. If the water is not to fast it’s perfect to get into and great pictures to take as well only concern I have I take my dog with me every time and every time we come home she has ticks on her so be careful if you do take your dog and do take bug spray.

Loved this trail so much! I would highly suggest not getting close to the river because my friend from getting close slipped in and oh my god it was a miracle he is alive! Other than that the trail was amazing and loved it to most enough shade but the trail was really worth the drive and energy!

nice leasure trial. just went July 6, 2019. the water is still running good. when you get to the creek crossing you can walk through it or go over the rope log crossing. there is some steep inclines just to get that heart pumping. my wife, kids 10 and 12 we're good. the water is beautiful and the waterfalls are great for a close location to Oakhurst. I do recommended it for a family hike and a picnic.

amazing hike, beautiful views. so peaceful hearing the falls and water while hiking. found a shady rock to cool off in the mist.

Beautiful easy trail along the creek and multiple waterfalls. A lot of stairs up, in case u have bad knees. From the bottom to top my Apple Watch only recorded 4 miles, not sure if the 5+ is accurate

We did a couple miles of this trail on our way home out of Yosemite. It was a great place to get our legs moving. It was warm and we were by the water in no time. Fun place to scramble over rocks and we even ran back the last mile.

This is my fourth time going on the Lewis Creek Trail. Each time we take the right, going to Corlieu Falls. Each time it gets better and better. The sight at the bottoms is beautiful. Can’t wait for my fifth time!