Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls

Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oakhurst, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Took the whole family: 10 year old, 4 year old and 11 mo old in front pack. We parked off 41 and hiked all the way down into the falls. great trail!

Decent little hike but a comment that says, "not many hills" is inaccurate. It's almost all uphill from Cedar Valley Dr., some of it fairly steep. Of course, I was pretty tired from having hiked Half Dome the day before, but I imagine that people who are not somewhat regular hikers will struggle on this. It was hot, too, so bring at least 2 litres of water per person.

I didn't see any poison oak, but a lot of the types of plants that are frequently mistaken for poison oak. :-)

Great hike, my wife and I both enjoyed it. We started off on Cedar Valley Dr. Point and hiked all the way up to the water fall.

Fun

Awesome waterfalls and swimming holes! Challenging hike if u push we lolligagged and took time to swim and smell the foliage!

Beautiful hike, waterfalls and fresh cool water!

Not many hills and lots of shade. Great hike.

Huge trees , the breath taking waterfalls , the beautiful butterflies flying over me . Wonderful experience

Great views and moderate hike

Great hike!! Our Lab loved the trail and the amazing creek! A little rough coming down with a Labrador! But well worth the time

Loved this hike last weekend! We took our dogs with us and they had a blast. They stayed on leash during hiking. But, in the creeks they played in water...don’t worry... under supervision. There were a ton of reviews complaining about dogs...Fellow hikers that came by- we leashed for them.
Hike was steep at some points and the path would narrow. Tons of mosquitos near the standing water- I was drenched in bug spray and still got bit quite a few times. SO many ladybugs on our walk back in! They were flying everywhere!
The falls are beautiful! Fun little area once you get in front of it for some swimming or hanging out on the rocks. Definitely recommend this hike.

the first half mile is worth it for the amazing water fall view. There is a platform observatory to see the falls absolutely gorgeous.

Beautiful! I have gone several times and there’s always something new to see. Don’t forget your mosquito repellant!

Went on the 26th of May. Water was roaring and everything was green. parked in the wrong spot though...basically in the dead center of the trail so I was a little annoyed by whatever I entered on my gps that took me there. Watch out for the dog!

Beautiful day for wildflowers and thundering waterfalls. Lots of poison oak, so be careful!

I enjoy hiking this trail . the view of waterfall is absolutely beautiful. this is definitely a trail I will do again .

Lovely walk up to a beautiful falls

Nice short hike. Went on a Wednesday so there was barely anyone. Waterfall is super full. There were some areas where we had to climb over big tree trunks.

One of my favorite hikes! If you want to miss the crowds go early.

JUST BECAUSE YOUR DOG IS FRIENDLY TO OTHER DOGS DONT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE'S IS
I decided to take my dog (100 lbs American pit friendly to ppl not other dogs) seeing that dogs were allowed ON LEASHES I figured this wouldn't be a problem being the other dogs (if any or so I thought) would be on leashes as well. I can control my dog so it no problem ,but boy was I wrong! thankfully nothing serious happened but a lot of stupid ppl seem to ignore the leash rule. I get it it's fun to see ur dog roam freely, but u have to realize JUST BECAUSE YOUR DOG IS FRIENDLY TO OTHER DOGS DONT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE'S IS! 4 times I had to stop my dog from almost getting into a fight with other dogs because their stupid owners thought they were PRIVILEGED enough to ignore that rule

Trail north of the highway Trailhead is not currently accessible without crossing a fast flowing stream. South half of trail is fine.

Nice and peaceful trail. However, towards the end we came to private property and the owner had a pitbull which was not on a leash and some what frightened us. The dog followed us for about 30 sections barking then left us alone. Besides that trail was good!

Beautiful!

Beautiful hike with gorgeous waterfalls.

Absolutely incredible waterfalls! Hiked this trail on April 1, and the water was roaring. It was a busy weekend in the area but there weren’t too many people on the trail. If you’re in the Yosemite area I’d say this is a must do! No fee, dogs on leash allowed. Well maintained trail.

It's a nice hike! bring some insect repellant...

We parked near the trail head. Sun and snow made beautiful pictures. Creek runs on the side of the trail. We turned around half way, because couldn’t cross the river. Main waterfall is very pretty, however more people. While hiking to Waterfall was not a sole on a Sunday. Going downhill on way back.

This is a great trail from Fall until hit starts hitting the 90s. It's even better after a light snow. Full trail starts at Cedar Valley but if you want a shorter hike then there is another trailhead further up HW41 that is about the halfway point to red rock falls at the end of this trail.

so pretty, especially with the light snow we got covering the ground!