Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls

Lewis Creek National Scenic Trail to Corlieu Falls and Red Rock Falls is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oakhurst, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail! All up hill at first so heading back is easy. There were literally thousands of lady bugs more towards the middle to end parts of the trail. There are plenty of waterfalls to see and it is almost completely shaded. Heading back we ran the trail.

Great day hike. I guess you can walk down or walk up. We walked up. It will challenge you but the beauty and peacefulness it nice. Go hike a mountain.

Fun little trail up to a waterfall. A few other groups on the trail so no worries about the mountain lion. The Lewis Creek trail car park is actually in the middle of the trail on this map. Worth a try if you’re in the area.

I did not see any mountain lions, however there are mountain lion warnings with a note from another hiker dated 9/18/18 9am that he spotted a mountain lion drinking water near the waterfall. I solo hiked and made a lot of noise. Very cool hike. I would have rather had a partner because I had mountain lion on the brain the entire time and I think I would’ve enjoyed it more if I wasn’t so concerned.

Wow one of the most scenic hikes I’ve ever been. The observation deck has an incredible view of the cascading waterfalls.

Beautiful but tons of little bugs in your face. Bug repellent is a must!

This is my close to home favorite. Easy and keeps you hiking when you do not have much time.

Really like it. It's not that easy but during the hiking there is a flowing water next us. And there is a waterfall in the end to play in the water. One of the best trail!!

The majority shaded trail is very easy with a few steep spots especially to get to the upper Corlieu Falls but there’s a guide rope to help you get down and back up safely. The water was crisp and refreshing creekside and in the falls. Plenty of rocks to sunbathe, read or picnic fall-poolside. I recommend hiking down off the initial trail to the small grottos, smaller falls and creek views along the way. There are butterflies everywhere, the running water and ample shade are soul soothing.
There are a lot of gnat type insects around but I didn’t notice many mosquitos.
August 19,2018

There’s a paved trail so it’s perfect for direction, there was some fallen trees that you had to go under or jump over! Other than that it was great! Didn’t hike the whole thing but what I did I was still able to see creeks and small waterfalls. Started from cedar valley road and parked across from where the trail started in a dirt area- car was safe.

We took this hike today with a few Boy Scouts, we started from Cedar Valley Road and went all the way to the falls and back. The water felt great but the first half of the hike has a lot of up and down hills. Overall we had a great time and took our time to enjoy it all.

Took the whole family: 10 year old, 4 year old and 11 mo old in front pack. We parked off 41 and hiked all the way down into the falls. great trail!

Decent little hike but a comment that says, "not many hills" is inaccurate. It's almost all uphill from Cedar Valley Dr., some of it fairly steep. Of course, I was pretty tired from having hiked Half Dome the day before, but I imagine that people who are not somewhat regular hikers will struggle on this. It was hot, too, so bring at least 2 litres of water per person.

I didn't see any poison oak, but a lot of the types of plants that are frequently mistaken for poison oak. :-)

Great hike, my wife and I both enjoyed it. We started off on Cedar Valley Dr. Point and hiked all the way up to the water fall.

Fun

Awesome waterfalls and swimming holes! Challenging hike if u push we lolligagged and took time to swim and smell the foliage!

Beautiful hike, waterfalls and fresh cool water!

Not many hills and lots of shade. Great hike.

Huge trees , the breath taking waterfalls , the beautiful butterflies flying over me . Wonderful experience

Great views and moderate hike

Great hike!! Our Lab loved the trail and the amazing creek! A little rough coming down with a Labrador! But well worth the time

Loved this hike last weekend! We took our dogs with us and they had a blast. They stayed on leash during hiking. But, in the creeks they played in water...don’t worry... under supervision. There were a ton of reviews complaining about dogs...Fellow hikers that came by- we leashed for them.
Hike was steep at some points and the path would narrow. Tons of mosquitos near the standing water- I was drenched in bug spray and still got bit quite a few times. SO many ladybugs on our walk back in! They were flying everywhere!
The falls are beautiful! Fun little area once you get in front of it for some swimming or hanging out on the rocks. Definitely recommend this hike.

the first half mile is worth it for the amazing water fall view. There is a platform observatory to see the falls absolutely gorgeous.

Beautiful! I have gone several times and there’s always something new to see. Don’t forget your mosquito repellant!

Went on the 26th of May. Water was roaring and everything was green. parked in the wrong spot though...basically in the dead center of the trail so I was a little annoyed by whatever I entered on my gps that took me there. Watch out for the dog!

Beautiful day for wildflowers and thundering waterfalls. Lots of poison oak, so be careful!

I enjoy hiking this trail . the view of waterfall is absolutely beautiful. this is definitely a trail I will do again .

Lovely walk up to a beautiful falls

Nice short hike. Went on a Wednesday so there was barely anyone. Waterfall is super full. There were some areas where we had to climb over big tree trunks.

One of my favorite hikes! If you want to miss the crowds go early.