Leviathan Mine Road

Leviathan Mine Road is a 16.9 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Markleeville, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

scenic driving

off road driving

We went south to north. It’s mostly like a fire road. However there are off shoots you can explore that are truly trails. We went down one that led to a beautiful marsh. Another was a rocky trail to a campfire spot. We also spotted heavily modified Jeepers coming off another off shoot - so we’re guessing they found a fun trail too! We’ll be back to explore other off shoots in the future.

I have been in there multiple times. Very rough road. takes about 45 minutes to get to east Carson river and hot springs. It is a five mile drive. you can exit to the north on a different route. Not good for someone who loves their vehicle, scratches will happen in the brush. Vehicle with clearance can make it, 4x4 when required in spring and early summer for water crossings. I highly recommend airing down your tires, I have taken chunks out of mine on this trail. I give it a 5 out of 10 on difficulty.

off road driving

You won't like it ;) don't go here...no fun at all HAHAHA

Saturday, February 20, 2016

it's a little rough around the edges but totally doable.. Just make sure to have back up when going out there and also a spare tire. Not saying I got a flat but just to be safe.

scenic driving