Lemming Trail: Temescal Canyon Road to the Beach

moderate(24)
Topanga State Park

Lemming Trail: Temescal Canyon Road to the Beach is a 14.3 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Los Angeles, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 14.3 km Elevation Gain: 279 m Route Type: Point to Point

beach

This trail takes you from the Marvin Braude Mulholland Gateway Park in Tarzana to the Will Rogers State Beach. There's so much to see along the way including Skull Rock, Temescal Peak, and sweeping ocean views.

Great long hike from Reseda to the beach. The first 2/3 was on a fire road with no shade, then the last third on well traveled Temescal trail. We parked at the trail head, put our feet in the ocean at the end, then Uber’d back. Three and a half hours one way. There is a porta-potty halfway, but no running water until you hit Temescal park. We can now say we hiked the valley to the beach!

Mon Jun 18 2018

Great moderate hike. I am 45 and fit but I def felt it the next day. I live in Tarzana right below the trail head at Marvin Braude Gateway. I left the house on sat 7:30am and it was buzzing with bikes and hikers on the valley side. The middle stretch I had mostly to myself with the occasional random human being every 30 mins. It was very busy on the Temescal Trail portion. Took me 3.5 hours to reach the beach at Will Rogers. Beautiful trails. Mostly fire roads on the valley side that change to goat paths along the ridges and canyons of Topanga / Temescal. The worst part was walking Temescal Canyon Road to get to the beach.

Mon May 28 2018

I don’t know why it says dogs on leash are okay..:when you get to the end of the trail at Temescal Canyon Rd, there are signs that say no dogs allowed. The trail was nice until the last 3 miles where it was all down hill. What goes up must come down, I guess!

Sun Feb 17 2019