Lemming Trail: Temescal Canyon Road to the Beach

Lemming Trail: Temescal Canyon Road to the Beach is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Los Angeles, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

beach

This trail takes you from the Marvin Braude Mulholland Gateway Park in Tarzana to the Will Rogers State Beach. There's so much to see along the way including Skull Rock, Temescal Peak, and sweeping ocean views.

Great moderate hike. I am 45 and fit but I def felt it the next day. I live in Tarzana right below the trail head at Marvin Braude Gateway. I left the house on sat 7:30am and it was buzzing with bikes and hikers on the valley side. The middle stretch I had mostly to myself with the occasional random human being every 30 mins. It was very busy on the Temescal Trail portion. Took me 3.5 hours to reach the beach at Will Rogers. Beautiful trails. Mostly fire roads on the valley side that change to goat paths along the ridges and canyons of Topanga / Temescal. The worst part was walking Temescal Canyon Road to get to the beach.

I don’t know why it says dogs on leash are okay..:when you get to the end of the trail at Temescal Canyon Rd, there are signs that say no dogs allowed. The trail was nice until the last 3 miles where it was all down hill. What goes up must come down, I guess!