Legg Lake Loop Trail

Legg Lake Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near South El Monte, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 22 feet Route Type: Loop

Good for beginners / training

My go to park to jog with friends and/or my dog. Plenty of shade, never crowded in the mornings during the weekdays, usually gets packed around 10ish on weekends. The perimeter of legg lake is 2.4 miles but there are other roads you could take to shorten or lengthen your walk/jog. Lovely trails for families & on weekends they have bikes and water equipment to rent out! Free to park during the weekdays, during weekends if you do not park at the main entrance the fee is $15...depending on vehicle.

Wonderful walking trail. It has multiple stations around the trail to do strength training.

Kids in a two child stroller the entire trail along the lakes. Hard dirt trails. Cool selfie locations by man made stream. Fun multi rider bike rentals. Shade is always nearby.

Easy trail with nice views, plenty of shaded areas, and lots of geese and ducks. Had a nice walk with my dog here this morning, and will definitely be back.

eazy trail the hole loop is 2.5 miles.

Lovely walking or running trail. Came here with a stroller. Walked the entire path. You can run easily too.

This is a nice place for a leisurely stroll, but it is crowded in the evening time when I went. There are tons of Canadian Geese, ducks and attractive grounds to gaze upon. I walked the perimeter and it came out to 3 miles according to AllTrails.

Nice walking around the lakes; can go various ways to extend the mileage. Enough shade so you don't get "toasty".

I like the partial asphalt And sandy Trail is a great beginner workout with flat elevation and short distance.

I've jogged here and fished these lakes. lots of fun for kids also there's playgrounds and lots to see. paddle boats and a little island in the middle.

love coming here.

very easy and flat. you can make it longer than the 2.2 miles by going on the inner pathways between the lake. can get very crowded on weekends and during the summer days. parking is $6.00 per car on weekends but they do have 2 free parking areas on each side of the park. Mostly sunny pathways, bathrooms are all around but not too many water fountains.

Very nice walk and plenty to see. Highly recommend insect repellent!!!

awesome trail, great walk and views. lots of ducks and birds

I strongly recommend this place. It's the best park I've ever been!

Nice walk, the place is pretty big.

Sat Jan 19 2019

It’s a very nice and peaceful spot for a brisk walk or a job. It isn’t isn’t much for hiking, but it’s great for the family and the dogs.

Tue Jan 15 2019

plenty of restrooms, lots of people so u feel safe and good for all ages

Fri Dec 28 2018

This trail I can’t get over , the view and experience here are so welcoming

Thu Jul 19 2018

I love to run at this park. There's always people walking or running in the morning and late afternoon hours. I've never felt scared while there.

Sun Jun 24 2018

This loop offers several perk.

Sun Jun 17 2018

nice walking area

Sat May 19 2018

Beautiful walk super clean dogs love it

Sun Sep 17 2017

We met some very nice ducks and geese. There were some model boaters out in the morning which my son was super excited about! The walk is very nice, lots of folks fishing, and we got to see a great blue heron! My son was very excited about all of the wildlife he got to see, and was sad that none of the gopher snakes made a guest appearance. I guess we'll have to come back! A really nice walk after the strenuous hike we had done the day before. We will be back!

Wed Aug 09 2017

Nice place to walk.

Sun Jul 30 2017

I love this place for walks. it's super shaded in most parts. just a precaution for woman to come with a partner, a woman walking the trail was recently dragged into one of the bushes by a man and was raped. so never come alone.

Sat Mar 25 2017

Very fun place to go, a lot of friendly people! Love the atmosphere!

Thu Sep 15 2016

nice for kids and family of all ages.

Fri Jun 10 2016