Lane Trail Camp

Lane Trail Camp is a 12.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Riverside Grove, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

2066 feet

Overnight trip to Lane Trail Camp!

I did my first solo backpacking trip on this trail. The ascent to camp was what I’d consider moderate, starting on Skyline and gaining more elevation on Lane Hollow. My FitBit logged 252 flights climbed, but it was very much dispersed. I also logged 7.6 miles to camp, and 20 overall on this loop making it much longer than this says!

The descent was what I’d consider easy with no extended periods of incline or decline. It was very easy imon my knees and ankles with a pack.

Camp was lovely with six or so sites, a pit toilet, and a bear container for food. I didn’t filter water, but there are opportunities to do so.

The views are definitely on the way down on the Basin trail. The hike up and the campground are in pretty thick forest. I hiked for approximately seven hours with a 35 pound pack, just to give an idea of your timeline, and I am in fine hiking shape but otherwise, have had a very lazy season. I arrived at camp very early because I anticipated a more difficult hike.

Went to hike this trail but unfortunately I didn't bring enough water thanks to the record heat at the end of October.
The 4 1/2 miles in before I had to turn was beautiful though.
I'll get you next time Lane Trail Camp!!!

Great viewpoints during skyline to the sea trail. Camped at lane campground. Had to pack up early in the morning due to mosquitoes. Would recommend this hike