Landfill Loop is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, California that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 13 feet Route Type: Loop

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Another landfill in the Bay Area?? Great. Yea you know us nature lovers. Love to hike around the effing landfill. Wtf is this. Cali should be called “land of the trash dump” Sorry guys. I know Cali isn’t just a giant landfill, and it has a lot of people so the trash has to go somewhere. But this is getting ridiculous. I’ve never seen so much trash in my life everywhere as I do in the Bay Area. It’s so disappointing. I’m sad for the earth here.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Occasional ripe aromas from Garbage Mountain are well worth tolerating for this intriguing dirt and gravel loop around the Landfill park. Lots of great birdwatching. very few people, good views across restored marshlands and San Pablo Bay and a striking confluence of industry (refineries, waste management and solar panels) and nature. We saw not another soul on the loop and it seemed that we were the first the birds had seen in a long time. Don't go too early on a weekend morning. Gates are only open 9-5 Sat & Sun ((7-5 weekdays) and beware closures on some major holidays