Lakeside Linkage Preserve Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(105)
Lakeside, California

Lakeside Linkage Preserve Trail is a 2.8 mile out and back trail located near Lakeside, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 429 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very moderate hike, good for all ages. Very over grown in some spots, I recommend wearing long pants. Parking on side of the road right next to trailhead, you can’t miss it. What looks like a mini bmx or mountain bike course about 1/3 of the way up. Some spots have good up hill areas but overall pretty easy. Would rate it higher if it wasn’t so overgrown. There is two view points at the top both great!

have been here in the winter months and loved it, the path was completely clear and there wasn't an issue with bugs. just went 2 days ago and it was completely overgrown, the weeds were taller than us. there were tons of bugs and bees, and snakes were spotted

A fun little trail that I add to my rides now and then. It has a few challenging parts depending on the route you take. If you are looking for something quick and local I would recommend it, even for hiking. Have seen it loaded with dog poop in the past, but has been cleaner more recently. Check out my short videos of the trail below. https://youtu.be/d_jzsVW8xJg https://youtu.be/SsNzNwl5roY

recorded Recording - Apr 21, 11:52 AM

Meh. No shade, pretty overgrown, and I passed a snake trying to cross in my path in front of me. If I return I will come earlier or later so it's not as sunny and warm. It was a great place to go to sweat a little bit and still stay 6ft away from others because there weren't many others there. I think I saw 3 groups total. Pretty scenic but no where to sit and no shade. Not sure if I would come back.

great hike. even if you cant go all the way

Not too bad. Just quite overgrown on some parts and a lot of bees. Did see a 3 ft long snake that scared us away.

Nice views, with just a little climb. Well defined trail, nice walk if your close by but wouldn’t go out of my way for this one.

Very cute and easy backyard hike. Went during sunset with my pup and we enjoyed it very much

Good views. Make sure you follow the app and don't miss the turn to stay off private property.

Pretty decent workout/run. The inclines are a little tiring but get the job done if you’re looking for some exercise. It was moderately cleared out but still a little concerning for snake encounters since there isn’t too much visibility of the trail in some places. All in all a nice trail that’s very easily accessible to the public.

Thu Mar 28 2019

Awesome location, right in the middle of town. Cute little outpost. Not the most picturesque but a good hike. Good little work out. Have fun fellow hikers!

Sun Mar 03 2019

Sun Feb 24 2019

Good little incline going both ways. Pretty clean and with all the rain lately the trail is in good shape. Took my dogs and they loved it

Mon Dec 24 2018

would have been a good hike but after the first quarter mile when you get up to the plateau the entire trail was covered in glass. like from beer bottles or something. i brought my dog and had to turn back because i wasn't going to risk having his paws cut. the trail was a big disappointment