Lake Trails Loop is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Fairfield, California that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Take the Old Ranch Rd to the Lake Front Trail. Return via the Bay Area Ridge Trail

EOk Rez

Great trails! You can pick trails from easy to moderate. Some of the trails could be better marked. I especially enjoyed hiking amongst the cows!

Nice place for a quick hike. Not a lot of elevation gain if that’s what you’re looking for. Lots of mountain bikers so be careful on some of the trails. Would definitely recommend for a quick hike or just a nature walk.

Monday, October 02, 2017

Even though the lack of signage made it confusing the views were gorgeous and the trail was challenging but not overly so in some areas. I'll definitely go back

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Nice place to hike bc most trails loop back to where they started. I hiked this route and decided to also do the Upper Tilly area to add another 1.75 miles or so. The only wildlife I saw were squirrels and blue jays. And plenty of mountain bikers.

Friday, September 08, 2017

Wow! This is my new favorite spot to run. It has everything I need: amazing views, alternate routes, hills and spots for scrambling, hidden gems...
I could run here again and again and take a different system of trails each time. Although I could appreciate some people being frustrated by confusing signage, I'm completely open to making impulsive decisions in the moment.
Other: Quite a few friendly mountain bikers out. This place probably gets slippery in spots during a good rain. Feels secluded but you can hear the road and buzzing power lines. Surprised by lots of garbage and graffiti up at the cave.
Will def be back! Worth $3 for sure.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Really cool park on a hill side with great views! Rolling hills but be aware that a lot of the trails cross cross often so it can get a little confusing if you're trying to wing it. I tried to stick to the map on this app but must have deviated because my run came out to 5.5 miles. Some places are pretty rocky so watch your ankles. Some shady spots but a lot of sun exposure. Cool pond and lake great for wildlife viewing.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Went here on Sunday (1/1), it was really nice and easy hike. It is not challenging at all but is very pretty. We saw lots of birds like turkey vultures, red tail hawks, and others.
The only thing we didn't like about this hike is that the signs are super confusing. It points one way and the other sign points the opposite way. The map in the begin is helpful with getting around.
Another thing is that the parking is $3, there are a few spots out on the road that are free.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Spent a few hours doing a big loop through the park. It wasn't spectacular I terms of views, especially with construction of a housing development that goes right up to the park's fenceline. Hot, grassy, hilly. There's a cave you can visit, but it's sad if you climb up to it, covered in graffiti and full of broken glass, bottles, and other detritus. I also found the multitude of short, crisscrossing trails poorly signed, but the park isn't big enough to truly get lost in.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Good afternoon hike! We're beginners; it took us about an hour to get to the cave (via the lower quarry trail) and back. The lower trail was easy but heading up the to cave I'd recommend good shoes. I had flip flops on and it was a little dirty/difficult. We attempted to go all the way to the cave, if you have children or dogs, I wouldn't recommend as it's steep and has some loose gravel. The lower trail didn't have as many nice views as the hike up to the cave. However, it was very shady and leisurely. There are a few other trails to explore here! Also, be prepared to park on the street or pay for parking.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Lots of trails to follow! Signs everywhere so you can easily find your way. Cave, lake, and trails all beautiful and fun to hike!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

A beautiful area for sure. Not actually a loop trail but a multitude of shorter trails criss crossing and intertwining.
Looks like an amazing mountain bike area(was wishing I had mine)
The only downside was that the humans don't take out what they bring in. I saw literally dozens of plastic water bottles throw along the trails and in bushes and that sucks. Other trash as well.
But still some beautiful views to take in.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Did this trail with a large group. Overall it's a nice area great views of the valley and the vineyards on the backside of the hills. Be careful of the mountain bikers who also share the trails. Great for a training hike (we made a figure 8 that consisted of about 7.5 miles), not great for a challenge unless you're just starting out as a hiker.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Warm day for a hike but found an awesome cave with great views. Trails are well marked.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

A little boring for hiking, but looks like an excellent mountain bike park. If I were riding this, the trail would probably get a four star.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I was there for about two and a half hours from start to finish. I'm pretty I looped around every trail I could find there. The time just flew by. I walked ten miles total. It was a very easy walk. A few small inclines and declines, but nothing crazy.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

What i belive thay are talking about is this park called Rockville Hills Regional Park. which is not where the red dot is on the map. google rockwille fairfield CA. It takes $3 to get in. great for GeoCachers if the rangers give you problems just inform them what your doing.

Sunday, October 08, 2017