Lake Trails Loop

Lake Trails Loop is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Fairfield, California that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Take the Old Ranch Rd to the Lake Front Trail. Return via the Bay Area Ridge Trail

Even though the lack of signage made it confusing the views were gorgeous and the trail was challenging but not overly so in some areas. I'll definitely go back

Nice place to hike bc most trails loop back to where they started. I hiked this route and decided to also do the Upper Tilly area to add another 1.75 miles or so. The only wildlife I saw were squirrels and blue jays. And plenty of mountain bikers.

Wow! This is my new favorite spot to run. It has everything I need: amazing views, alternate routes, hills and spots for scrambling, hidden gems...
I could run here again and again and take a different system of trails each time. Although I could appreciate some people being frustrated by confusing signage, I'm completely open to making impulsive decisions in the moment.
Other: Quite a few friendly mountain bikers out. This place probably gets slippery in spots during a good rain. Feels secluded but you can hear the road and buzzing power lines. Surprised by lots of garbage and graffiti up at the cave.
Will def be back! Worth $3 for sure.

Really cool park on a hill side with great views! Rolling hills but be aware that a lot of the trails cross cross often so it can get a little confusing if you're trying to wing it. I tried to stick to the map on this app but must have deviated because my run came out to 5.5 miles. Some places are pretty rocky so watch your ankles. Some shady spots but a lot of sun exposure. Cool pond and lake great for wildlife viewing.

Went here on Sunday (1/1), it was really nice and easy hike. It is not challenging at all but is very pretty. We saw lots of birds like turkey vultures, red tail hawks, and others.
The only thing we didn't like about this hike is that the signs are super confusing. It points one way and the other sign points the opposite way. The map in the begin is helpful with getting around.
Another thing is that the parking is $3, there are a few spots out on the road that are free.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Spent a few hours doing a big loop through the park. It wasn't spectacular I terms of views, especially with construction of a housing development that goes right up to the park's fenceline. Hot, grassy, hilly. There's a cave you can visit, but it's sad if you climb up to it, covered in graffiti and full of broken glass, bottles, and other detritus. I also found the multitude of short, crisscrossing trails poorly signed, but the park isn't big enough to truly get lost in.

Thursday, October 06, 2016