Lake Temescal West Shore and East Shore Loop Trail

Lake Temescal West Shore and East Shore Loop Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oakland, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is available at the Main Beach House.

Very natural

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Use to walk from the Oakland Produce Market where i worked for years and do this one.

Friday, July 14, 2017

I love this mini trail, scenic, safe, and beautiful. I like how it is exactly 1 mile around, because I can decide during the hike how long I want to go for (looping few or many times) versus a longer loop/out and back where you are stuck doing the entire length. Halfway around you can take the hillside (incline) or the lake perimeter (flat). There is cell service here so I often find myself having looped 7 or so times on the flat route while looking at my phone, easy way to get the steps in!

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Safe and easy and great for a short walk outside.

Friday, December 02, 2016

Short walk around a lake. Google maps was not very helpful getting me there. It kept taking me to the CA-13S exit ramp and telling me I had arrived. I did this trail and Shepherd Canyon back to back.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Relaxing walk with water and forest, well set up for families and options to lengthen walk too

Friday, July 24, 2015

Lots of goats, on west side of lake. Very fun for kids.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

This a real pretty trail that's very easy. There are public restrooms and free parking just outside the entrance.

recorded Temescal