Lake Tabeaud Loop

Lake Tabeaud Loop is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area Loop- walking trail around the lake Easy trail, mostly flat and wide, that relies primarily on a trailhead starting in one of two parking lots, then following a short road starting southwest around the lake to meet up with a dirt road - Amador Lane - taking that until abreast of Canyon View Dr. then striking onto the opposite, smaller dirt road, trail, path mix to finish circling the lake near the Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area entrance sign. No true trail markings, but an easily-followed route for scenery. Distance was not measured formally.

This is not a "hike" it's a 2.5 mile walk that I do a few times a week with my 6 months old puppy. I don't even bring water. I live close so it's our "go to" spot. I have ran it a couple of times as well. Very pretty but not worth traveling for. You can find way prettier lakes if you want to do some real hiking.

Clean lake. Basic amenities. Good with dogs. Double stroller might be a bit of a stretch for the whole loop.

This trail is ideal for those with doggos. It's the perfect length and there are a couple spots on the trail that run close to the water line so that the dogs can cool off. I could see it being hot in the middle of summer but it was perfect on a spring day.

The trail is nice with easy stretches for giving the quads a break, although the trail is in total rated easy, the opposite side of the lake offers many intermediate to difficult obstacles, with tight trail running, steep inclines/declines, multiple types of loose terrain, small marshy areas to cross, abundant roots and rock outcrops give this running trail an excellent introduction to higher levels of trail running. Great place to train both speed and endurance. Measured route to be 2.5 miles.

Shorter trail than expected. Trail rain out at some point and lots of energy company workers/trucks towards the end. Ducks follow you so they must be used to people feeding them. Not impressed with this trail.

I wouldn’t describe this trail as moderate or hard, but it certainly wasn’t wide and flat. There were several stretches where I couldn’t walk side by side with my dog. I can’t believe a previous reviewer said she did this with a double stroller! The path I was on....no way! It was really pretty and a great easy evening hike. I only saw a few people on the trail while I was there.

Great for trail running. Only about 2.5mi loop, did it twice for full 5mi run. Have used the trail for walking many times as well, even with a double stroller (although there are a few tricky areas here and there but nothing bad at all). Beautiful views, not very populated. Dogs allowed. There are horses, some in training, so just beware/be courteous.

It was a good hike for the dogs, not very crowded at all. Pretty, easy hike, a couple narrow spots but nothing even moderately difficult. A little muddy, but hey, it’s been raining and that’s a good thing.

I’m giving it a 3 because I was really hoping for the 4.5 mile hike and it was only about 2.5, and according to the map i stayed on trail. The locals told me it was only 2.5 miles around the lake as well. I don’t know if I would have drove from downtown Sacramento for just a 2.5 mile hike.

Beautiful hike, husband and I took our dogs and hiked and fished along the way. Pretty easy, some narrow spots and one spot that’s a bit of a steep step down and up. But very doable. We plan to go back with our five year old soon. Loved it!

Beautiful hike had fun

Lovely

Pretty views. Mostly shaded. Quite a bit of ducking under branches, the occasional steep section, some muddy patches.

Great little trail! Took the dogs and they loved it. Very peaceful, not very many people and a fairly easy hike. I️ do agree with others that the trail is a little hard to follow in spots and a little steep but nothing too bad. Would definitely recommend this spot!

Our family loved it. Our 6 and 3 year old were able to walk the whole thing. We did lose the main trail at some point and got to a pretty difficult area, but the kids were still able to handle it.

nice little trail. mostly shaded, good snacking on blackberries along the way. the trail was a little steep in places but I did it just fine and I have terrible arthritis in my feet an! ankles. my dogs loved it. although we were unable to use their facilities half way because someone vandalized the restroom. but it was nice to know there was one for future treks. we will go back.

Watch out for the geese and ducks. Agreed, trail was difficult to follow in many places and we got caught up in stickers. Beautiful, but probably wouldn't do this trail again.

This was not a very easy trail. The trail was hard to find in alot of places.

Nice hike on a Saturday afternoon. Mostly shaded. The path was overgrown on some spots but manageable to get through. I have a heart problem and was able to complete the trail with no problem. Wouldn't recommend for small children bc there are some spots where can slip if not careful. Bring bug repellent as the mosquitoes get aggressive.and lots of water especially on a hot day. Overall it was a nice trail and had some beautiful spots to rest.

Nice easy trail

Friday, June 09, 2017

I agree with previous comments. 3 miles top, needs maintenance so that the easy walk actually remains easy for those who need it that way.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Easy trail, definitely not 4.7 miles.. the loop was 3 miles max. A few spots of poison oak, in parts the trail was kind of overgrown and that is why I gave it 3 stars because of it being overgrown. Cute loop near the water. A nice trail and we had it to ourselves!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

We arrived at about 10:00am and started our hike. I read a few reviews and agree with some of them It's a nice hike with lots of shade and nice scenery. It's definitely not more than 3 miles round trip. A few obstacles near the river inlet, but nothing at all difficult. I have bad knees and found this to be a very easy hike. We saw a few spots of poison oak, but that's to be expected. All in all, we liked it and will be back!

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Super cute and not hard at all

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Easy trail, however it was hard to enjoy with the massive amounts of poison oak around. Trail was sorta maintained, I feel that any latter in the season parts would have be overgrown.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

The loop is only 2.8 miles. Very easy. Covered in spider webs half the time. Don't plan to go back.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Nice easy trail

Monday, March 13, 2017

Trail is washed out in some locations in others there are downed trees and brush overgrowth. It is still passable but not often comfortable.

Not moderate, but not "easy."

Saturday, January 28, 2017

We took the trail that hugged the lake and it was 2.5 miles. There are a couple places that we needed to scramble to get across the creeks, but overall it was not difficult.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Seemed shorter a hike around the lake. Wouldn't call it easy hike. There are several areas tatarea little treacherous to climb up and down on. I had my dogs on a leash, virtually no one else did until I told them that one of mine was not dogfriendly. Mostly people were of the attitude of "that is not my problem". Until they had mine in their dogs face. Then they complied with leashing their dogs as required anyway. Besides that interlude a beautiful hike with lots of flora to see. The scents in the air even on Christmas Day was amazing. Did the loop in about 90 min.there are many places you can just sit by the water. Beautiful on a quiet day.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

I went to this trail to go on a run. I discovered the first part is easy for running as the trail is wide and maintained. As the trail gets more into the wilderness part of the trail on the back side of the lake it becomes more difficult to run. Overall, a great Saturday morning workout. Trail was quiet and serene. Nice views of the lake, lots of little bugs so bug repellent will be necessary on my next trip.