Lake Tabeaud Loop

Lake Tabeaud Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area Loop- walking trail around the lake Easy trail, mostly flat and wide, that relies primarily on a trailhead starting in one of two parking lots, then following a short road starting southwest around the lake to meet up with a dirt road - Amador Lane - taking that until abreast of Canyon View Dr. then striking onto the opposite, smaller dirt road, trail, path mix to finish circling the lake near the Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area entrance sign. No true trail markings, but an easily-followed route for scenery. Distance was not measured formally.

nice little trail. mostly shaded, good snacking on blackberries along the way. the trail was a little steep in places but I did it just fine and I have terrible arthritis in my feet an! ankles. my dogs loved it. although we were unable to use their facilities half way because someone vandalized the restroom. but it was nice to know there was one for future treks. we will go back.

Watch out for the geese and ducks. Agreed, trail was difficult to follow in many places and we got caught up in stickers. Beautiful, but probably wouldn't do this trail again.

This was not a very easy trail. The trail was hard to find in alot of places.

Nice hike on a Saturday afternoon. Mostly shaded. The path was overgrown on some spots but manageable to get through. I have a heart problem and was able to complete the trail with no problem. Wouldn't recommend for small children bc there are some spots where can slip if not careful. Bring bug repellent as the mosquitoes get aggressive.and lots of water especially on a hot day. Overall it was a nice trail and had some beautiful spots to rest.

Nice easy trail

I agree with previous comments. 3 miles top, needs maintenance so that the easy walk actually remains easy for those who need it that way.

Easy trail, definitely not 4.7 miles.. the loop was 3 miles max. A few spots of poison oak, in parts the trail was kind of overgrown and that is why I gave it 3 stars because of it being overgrown. Cute loop near the water. A nice trail and we had it to ourselves!

We arrived at about 10:00am and started our hike. I read a few reviews and agree with some of them It's a nice hike with lots of shade and nice scenery. It's definitely not more than 3 miles round trip. A few obstacles near the river inlet, but nothing at all difficult. I have bad knees and found this to be a very easy hike. We saw a few spots of poison oak, but that's to be expected. All in all, we liked it and will be back!

Super cute and not hard at all