Lake Tabeaud Loop

Lake Tabeaud Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area Loop- walking trail around the lake Easy trail, mostly flat and wide, that relies primarily on a trailhead starting in one of two parking lots, then following a short road starting southwest around the lake to meet up with a dirt road - Amador Lane - taking that until abreast of Canyon View Dr. then striking onto the opposite, smaller dirt road, trail, path mix to finish circling the lake near the Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area entrance sign. No true trail markings, but an easily-followed route for scenery. Distance was not measured formally.

I agree with previous comments. 3 miles top, needs maintenance so that the easy walk actually remains easy for those who need it that way.

Easy trail, definitely not 4.7 miles.. the loop was 3 miles max. A few spots of poison oak, in parts the trail was kind of overgrown and that is why I gave it 3 stars because of it being overgrown. Cute loop near the water. A nice trail and we had it to ourselves!

We arrived at about 10:00am and started our hike. I read a few reviews and agree with some of them It's a nice hike with lots of shade and nice scenery. It's definitely not more than 3 miles round trip. A few obstacles near the river inlet, but nothing at all difficult. I have bad knees and found this to be a very easy hike. We saw a few spots of poison oak, but that's to be expected. All in all, we liked it and will be back!

Super cute and not hard at all

Easy trail, however it was hard to enjoy with the massive amounts of poison oak around. Trail was sorta maintained, I feel that any latter in the season parts would have be overgrown.

The loop is only 2.8 miles. Very easy. Covered in spider webs half the time. Don't plan to go back.

Nice easy trail

Trail is washed out in some locations in others there are downed trees and brush overgrowth. It is still passable but not often comfortable.

Not moderate, but not "easy."

We took the trail that hugged the lake and it was 2.5 miles. There are a couple places that we needed to scramble to get across the creeks, but overall it was not difficult.

Seemed shorter a hike around the lake. Wouldn't call it easy hike. There are several areas tatarea little treacherous to climb up and down on. I had my dogs on a leash, virtually no one else did until I told them that one of mine was not dogfriendly. Mostly people were of the attitude of "that is not my problem". Until they had mine in their dogs face. Then they complied with leashing their dogs as required anyway. Besides that interlude a beautiful hike with lots of flora to see. The scents in the air even on Christmas Day was amazing. Did the loop in about 90 min.there are many places you can just sit by the water. Beautiful on a quiet day.