Lake Tabeaud Loop

Lake Tabeaud Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area Loop- walking trail around the lake Easy trail, mostly flat and wide, that relies primarily on a trailhead starting in one of two parking lots, then following a short road starting southwest around the lake to meet up with a dirt road - Amador Lane - taking that until abreast of Canyon View Dr. then striking onto the opposite, smaller dirt road, trail, path mix to finish circling the lake near the Lake Tabeaud Picnic Area entrance sign. No true trail markings, but an easily-followed route for scenery. Distance was not measured formally.

Pretty views. Mostly shaded. Quite a bit of ducking under branches, the occasional steep section, some muddy patches.

Great little trail! Took the dogs and they loved it. Very peaceful, not very many people and a fairly easy hike. I️ do agree with others that the trail is a little hard to follow in spots and a little steep but nothing too bad. Would definitely recommend this spot!

Our family loved it. Our 6 and 3 year old were able to walk the whole thing. We did lose the main trail at some point and got to a pretty difficult area, but the kids were still able to handle it.

nice little trail. mostly shaded, good snacking on blackberries along the way. the trail was a little steep in places but I did it just fine and I have terrible arthritis in my feet an! ankles. my dogs loved it. although we were unable to use their facilities half way because someone vandalized the restroom. but it was nice to know there was one for future treks. we will go back.

Watch out for the geese and ducks. Agreed, trail was difficult to follow in many places and we got caught up in stickers. Beautiful, but probably wouldn't do this trail again.

This was not a very easy trail. The trail was hard to find in alot of places.

Nice hike on a Saturday afternoon. Mostly shaded. The path was overgrown on some spots but manageable to get through. I have a heart problem and was able to complete the trail with no problem. Wouldn't recommend for small children bc there are some spots where can slip if not careful. Bring bug repellent as the mosquitoes get aggressive.and lots of water especially on a hot day. Overall it was a nice trail and had some beautiful spots to rest.

Nice easy trail

I agree with previous comments. 3 miles top, needs maintenance so that the easy walk actually remains easy for those who need it that way.

Easy trail, definitely not 4.7 miles.. the loop was 3 miles max. A few spots of poison oak, in parts the trail was kind of overgrown and that is why I gave it 3 stars because of it being overgrown. Cute loop near the water. A nice trail and we had it to ourselves!

We arrived at about 10:00am and started our hike. I read a few reviews and agree with some of them It's a nice hike with lots of shade and nice scenery. It's definitely not more than 3 miles round trip. A few obstacles near the river inlet, but nothing at all difficult. I have bad knees and found this to be a very easy hike. We saw a few spots of poison oak, but that's to be expected. All in all, we liked it and will be back!

Super cute and not hard at all

Easy trail, however it was hard to enjoy with the massive amounts of poison oak around. Trail was sorta maintained, I feel that any latter in the season parts would have be overgrown.

The loop is only 2.8 miles. Very easy. Covered in spider webs half the time. Don't plan to go back.

Nice easy trail

Trail is washed out in some locations in others there are downed trees and brush overgrowth. It is still passable but not often comfortable.

Not moderate, but not "easy."

We took the trail that hugged the lake and it was 2.5 miles. There are a couple places that we needed to scramble to get across the creeks, but overall it was not difficult.

Seemed shorter a hike around the lake. Wouldn't call it easy hike. There are several areas tatarea little treacherous to climb up and down on. I had my dogs on a leash, virtually no one else did until I told them that one of mine was not dogfriendly. Mostly people were of the attitude of "that is not my problem". Until they had mine in their dogs face. Then they complied with leashing their dogs as required anyway. Besides that interlude a beautiful hike with lots of flora to see. The scents in the air even on Christmas Day was amazing. Did the loop in about 90 min.there are many places you can just sit by the water. Beautiful on a quiet day.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

I went to this trail to go on a run. I discovered the first part is easy for running as the trail is wide and maintained. As the trail gets more into the wilderness part of the trail on the back side of the lake it becomes more difficult to run. Overall, a great Saturday morning workout. Trail was quiet and serene. Nice views of the lake, lots of little bugs so bug repellent will be necessary on my next trip.

Friday, August 26, 2016

The lake is located down a really pretty two lane country road just outside of Jackson. There is plenty of parking at this easy-level loop trail. It's very lightly travelled with various paths that allow you to walk right at the water's edge or climb up above the lake and walk through the trees. I went during the Fall and wore a jacket because it was rather cold but not cold enough to be uncomfortable. I think I would've done just as well with a sweatshirt. It's definitely a relaxing hike and can be done in a few hours.