Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lake Siskiyou Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mount Shasta, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 364 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

This trail circles Lake Siskiyou with several trail heads around the perimeter of the lake. Please note: The bridges across the Sacramento River where it enters the lake are removed for winter typically in October and reinstalled in May or June.

bridge out

Had a great time hiking around the lake for Mother’s Day. The bridges are still out, but we were able to walk up the creek a bit and then walk across on a log to get to the other side. A little sketchy if you’re willing to do it. Took us a little while to find the trail again after that. But we didn’t get wet! My 76 year old mother-in-law made it too. Other than that, great trail, mostly flat, not strenuous. Will definitely hike again. Oh, and it’s longer than 6.5 miles - more like 7.5 miles.

The bridge connecting part of the trail has not been set yet. It is possible to cross still, I was NOT able to. You would have to get close to waist deep in and had a small dog on the trail. Looped back around the way I came. It was a gorgeous trail.

We went in the morning and it was beautiful!! Love this trail. Easy hiking and the views are outstanding! Very peaceful! Be aware that a bridge isn't in yet so we ended up having to cross a river that was difficult, but totally worth it!

flooded

This was a great hike! The weather was awesome and the trail looks great. The only issue is that the bridges have not been set out as of last Monday. We had to take our shoes off and cross at the river inlet which was a bit cold. I would do this hike again.

Great hike, feels longer that 6.5, beautiful views

bridge out

Pretty easy and peaceful trail. 5 mi Out and back from parking lot across from golf course to river delta until the bridge goes in after the melt (I’m told in June ). Never too crowded.

bridge out

Great hike! Had to walk through knee high water at one point, but it felt great after doing 5 miles! Didn’t see very many people on the trail early in the morning, but around 1pm started seeing more people! Definitely recommend this hike for anyone!

I walk this trail several days every week with my dogs, I love it! If you go early, no one else is on the trail!

River inlet is washed out, had to go back.

Disappointed that we couldn't get to this trailhead because of the snow

Saw bear poop and turned around. I’m hiking by myself and don’t have any deterrents besides my fists. Great views of Mt Shasta from how far I went. I went clockwise for ~2 miles before turning around.

The view of Mt Shasta is amazing. The trail was pretty flat all the way around, great for dogs lots of room on the trail. Plenty of spots to go down by the lake.

Beautiful hike for a Fall day with all the trees changing colors and falling leaves! It was a long hike but relatively easy as it is pretty flat trail. Blazed our own way a few times and went off trail walking along the shore line since the water level was pretty low. Will definitely go back and maybe hike the opposite direction and stay on the trail for a new experience!

Easy walk but trail is a bit hard to follow where campground is. Not well marked

Great trail. Very easy. There is about a 1/4 mile worth of rocky ground / river rock that you have to walk over at about the 3 mile mark. It is nothing difficult, the path just changes from smooth dirt to very uneven rocks. Again, still very easy. I'm not sure where Alltrails came up with 300+ feet of elevation? This trail is relatively flat. Beautiful views all the way around with some awesome views of Shasta.

Great trail to hike or ride mountain bikes.

This trail had some beautiful views along the way, but it was very difficult to follow the trail. The trail signs were few and far between. To complete the trail, you need to walk on the side of the road for 2 sections and have to cross through a parking lot or two and campsites in order to stay on the trail. Like others said, this is more of an 8 mile trail. If I did this again, I would hike to the picnic area for the awesome views of Shasta and then turn around to avoid the confusion of other parts of the trail

Great trail for views of Shasta. Took a few hours, stopped for a beer at the con session stand. Shady and sunny areas. Recommended for anyone.

Pretty flat, trail is anything from paved to gravel, dirt and groomed walking trails and rocky on one side of the lake. It was mostly shaded and is dog friendly. Wasn’t very busy on a weekday morning in early September.

Perfect trail for beginners! Clocked in closer to 8 miles at a leisurely 2.5 hours. Not very busy on a Sunday afternoon. Mix of sun and shade.

Since it was around 90 degrees during our visit, we didn’t want anything strenuous, so we opted for the Lake Siskiyou Trail because of the photog opportunities. This is a very easy, beautiful trail. It offers a mix of shade and sun, and there are restrooms at a few spots around the lake. There are a couple of spots with INCREDIBLE shots of massive Mount Shasta. We didn’t meander too much (I don’t think) and clocked closer to 8 miles.

Intended to walk around the lake but since it was hot walked a bit and swam a lot. Very pleasant.

Fairly easy, moderate in spots. Took us 2 hours to complete.

Beautiful trail and easy!! lots of spots to stop and beautiful views to see!