Lake Poway Loop Trail

Lake Poway Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Poway, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice little hike around Lake Poway. Too many people though due to the trailhead of Mt. Woodson starting off this hike

Saw great wildlife. There were gorgeous views from everywhere. A good amount of inclines for a good workout, but still fairly easy. Highly recommend for a hike if short on time.

A beautiful hiking trail. Does anyone know how much total altitude gain there is on the loop?

It's a fine short hike. Suburban.

Pretty and relaxing. Love this for a daily hike or some weekend R&R

I really liked this trail for running, although it's really hot in the afternoon hours in June. The trails are wide enough for 4 across easily with enough variation in ups/downs to be enjoyable. There are port-a-johns along the trail if you need to go. Also, well maintained with views of the lake from most vantage points. There is a concession stand with good beer also available which is nice after a hot hike or run. It's a nice park to hang out at with plenty of shade to lounge around in. One downside is that the parking is $10 per day unless you're a Poway resident, which then I believe that it's free. There are other areas outside the park to park your vehicle to make it free, just check satellite imagery.

Nice easy trail to the kids on.

Is a nice trail we park at blue sky canyon trail we went to the dam half way lake poway we turn around and it was 4.8 miles
Easy , nice views dogs enjoy it very much
Go early we started at 745 am and by 9 it was getting very hot

I love this trail I've been doing it for years, the views are great the trail is well maintained and it really works the ass muscles. If you have a good jogging stroller with real tires( not those cheap AF plastic ones) you can bring your little one along. I haven't seen any snakes yet this season, and trust me I've been looking out for them.

Very nice and well maintained loop. Much of it is road sized wide. Many friendly people, lots of dogs too. Was hoping to find a trail to take my dad on, but the hills at the beginning of both sides of the loop are a bit to steep for him.

New to hiking so trail was very doable! Loved it!

Always a nice walk, lake is super pretty.

Nice trail with the majority of it looking over the lake. We arrived around 10:30am, Parking lot was nearly full but we did not see THAT many other hikers, the trail was not congested at al, other than passing a hiker here or there, it was mainly just us around. There were a lot of down and up hills, some steeper than others but nothing unmanageable for a beginner like myself!

The lake is full after all the rain, and beautiful poppy wild flowers are in full bloom on this hike!

Loved the views, a little hard for a first timer.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Did this hike and also added Ramona reservior. Nice stroll around the lake. 5.30

Monday, July 25, 2016

Nice wide trail with bathrooms along the way. Almost no shade, bring water. My wife and I walked at a nice easy pace. It took us about an hour and ten minutes.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Good workout. This loop is always less populated than the trail up to potato chip rock. Wear a hat and bring extra water - it's hot!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Great views and lots of route options.