Learn more

Lake Perris Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Perris, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.9 miles Elevation Gain: 505 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Wouldn’t consider this a hike but more of a walk flat paved all the way didn’t get to finish the whole route. Was super beautiful while looking at the lake nice photos to take. Take comfortable shoes walked over around 5 didn’t make it back to 730

fee

Nice paved path. Wheelchair access able. I came on a cloudy day so lack of shade was not an issue.

fee

awesome, easy, mostly paved trail. there are a lot of bathrooms, but the port-a-potties seem to be used for garbage and are full of bugs. overall, great trail. would highly recommend!

Great hike! There is a fee even though it's the off season but, totally worth it since there's plenty to do! So make a day out of it, pack a lunch & enjoy the outdoors! There's plenty of picnic areas & playgrounds for the kids!

Nice beach side trail. No shade whatsoever so gets very hot. Some of the trail goes through sand so might be a little hard with stroller.

Would def do again . Bring plenty of water it’s a good hike , there’s bicyclists but there’s plenty of space for everyone . Also a lot of porta potties and tables for a picnic :)

Tue Jun 25 2019

I just finished this hike and tracked it right around 9 miles. There is little to no shade the entire trek. The whole path is paved and shared with bikers. The trail is wide enough to accommodate this easily. I suggest packing at least two liters of water and extra sunscreen. Also if you have sunglasses and a wide brim hat that will help. The views are spectacular and the trail is a stones throw from the lake the entire time. I highly suggest this hike and look forward to doing it again.

Wed Apr 24 2019

Today was a good day especially when you are withering ppl. Another check off the bucket list

Mon Apr 08 2019

It's an awsome ride. I went with my brother and took my 4 year old on her bike trailer...we all had a pleasent ride. It has nice views and plenty of rest stops with portable bathrooms spread through out the trail. The trail is all paved.

Tue Apr 02 2019

Great trail for bike riding. Took the kids (ages 6-14) and we all made it around easily. The trail is paved and plenty of rest stops with bathrooms. Beautiful views of the lake and wildflowers.

Tue Mar 19 2019

Beautiful view of the lake from the top.

Fri Jan 18 2019

Great Trail/Road. Very well made.

Thu Jan 03 2019

We had perfect weather and a ton of fun with kids all the way down to age 7. Good times.

Wed Jun 06 2018

Nice walk with the fam

Thu May 03 2018

Lake Perris loop reopened this weekend (4/28/18). Started out at parking lot 11 & 12 area and headed east. Most of the walk is exposed, but the park does have port-a-potties and canopies for shade spread throughout. Natural shade is mostly at Bernasconi and the North side of the lake. There is a small section of the asphault trail closed off in Bernasconi due to two Bald Eagles nesting. Came in contact with two stray male dogs also in the Bernasconi area. I hope the maintenance crew was able to take care of them. This is a nice flat walk. Awesome breeze on the dam. Mostly came across bike riders. Stopped at the Marina Store and got me a Cherry Pepsi (a craving I got around mile 5.6). The Marina store employees were awesome. Plan to visit weekly since I live close by. We walked the loop in 9.48 miles.

Wed May 02 2018

Very easy ride or walk around this 9 mile loop. Went on the newly -openly trailed with other bikers on 4/28/2018. There were about 40 people on bikes, I trailed back and took in the beautiful view of this lake from all sides. There's desert-like coast on north side to the dam on the south side, sandy beaches on west side for swimmers and boaters. Really enjoyed this trail.

Tue Mar 27 2018

It look good has not try it yet

Wed Jun 14 2017

Ran this in prep for a 1/2 marathon...Nice trail

Sun Apr 24 2016

Loop trail was closed and seems to have been that way for awhile. It appears they are repairing the dam. Poorly marked that it is closed.

Mon Jun 16 2014

I did this loop on a bicycle yesterday morning after tent camping the night before. Weather was nice and cool in the morning. Got to the mountain area where we saw climbers on the face. We kept going, walking up over the mountain trail to the side where the damn is. Cruised along the damn and around to the marina area. Took a short break and back to the camp site. It took us around 2 hours with a couple of breaks. I usually bring my horse to this area and use the horse trail just outside of the bike trail. If you are looking to hike this loop, I would suggest using the horse trail if you do not like walking on the asphalt bike trail. I'll be back to hike this next time.

Sun Oct 06 2013

Nice! Especially during the week- not a lot of people and it is you and the nature!

Sat Jul 06 2013

Great trail 99%is asphalt . The south end of the dam starts about 3/4 of a mile of rough dirt trail the rest is a paved road. Best in cooler weather, take plenty of water and refill at campsites

recorded Lake Perris Loop Trail