Lake Murray Trail

Lake Murray Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near La Mesa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

I come here ride my road and hybrid bikes 5 days a wk 1.5 to 2 hrs a day. and on saturdays I walked with my wife. I love it, I also loved it that I can drive to here without ever using the freeway, people seem to know almost everybody very friendly, my favorite, next time I'll post some pics.

This one is more of a walk in the park than a hike. As a runner, this is definitely a road run, not a trail run. Regardless, I've come back several times because it's beautiful and I can just run without worrying that I'm going off the "trail".

I run here a few times a week, and I love it. There's plenty of parking, and the paved trail is great. You can't go all the way around the lake though- just before 3 miles you have to turn around. Bathrooms along the way and a water fountain at the beginning/end.