Lake Elsinore Levee Walk is a 3.1 mile out and back trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 36 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Kinda boring...

It’s a great trail to walk, run, bike or walk your dog on, especially since it’s so flat. I love that it’s close to me and that I don’t feel like I’m in the Cory for a bit with the water, the wildlife and dirt/compact gravel trail

here now its Friday it's a nice trail to walk ! had no trouble getting in. 05/08/2020

We got there Saturday and the roads were closed off, went back Sunday but were a little more ballsy. Parker by Big Lots and rode our bikes over. Finally got the police officer to let us past and were able to bike. It’s a super easy ride. Fairly smooth for a dirt road. I was able to ride my hybrid on the trail with no problems. Gorgeous views. Can’t wait to make this a weekly routine!

Street blocked on a Saturday. I was told it was open Friday and Saturday :( could not use trail. 4/25

Hello Hikers! Wanted to let you know that the Levee Trail is open daily but there are specifics that need to be known. On COVID-19 Testing Days (Sunday thru Thursday) parking for the Levee is not available when testing is going on. On Fridays and Saturdays (currently) there is not COVID-19 testing and Levee parking is available. For more specific information, please go to the City of Lake Elsinore website at http://www.lake-elsinore.org/city-hall/public-safety/covid-19-info/covid-19-testing-at-diamond-stadium. Thank you and Happy Hiking!

Was told by staff testing for COVID-19 at the Storm stadium today that the trail is only open on Fridays and Saturdays?? We got turned away.

Strongly recommend it. It’s easy and great to stretch.

This was great for what I was looking for. I wanted something easy that I can take a stroller on. I went on a partly cloudy day so no shade was no problem. The water is nice for scenery. People fish in there and you can swim in it too, but there are signs that say not to drink the water or let pets drink it. There are porta potties too and benches every so often. It’s a dirt oath but solid enough that I could use a double stroller (non jogger type) and that was a day after the rain.

This is one of my all time favorite places... walking, biking, fishing or walking your dog it’s all good. At 3.5 out and the same back it’s perfect for getting the kinks out. At the end is Rome Hill, an old golf course folly; follow any of several trails over and you’ll wind up on Grand for a long loop around Lake Elsinore... it’s off road and off trail but...

Very easy walk. Beautiful view of lake and mountains.

Great trail on a bike. Flat, wide and well graded. At the trail’s end by Rome Hill you can use one of many homemade paths to go over the hill into the west side of Lake Elsinore proper.

We walked it during the beginning of a dust storm so perhaps we didn’t get the best views. The trail seems a bit desolate, not a lot of greenery. There’s also some construction going on and lots of signage dispellelling any sense of being in wilderness. I give it four stars, rather than three because we saw a lot of birds including a very elegant eagle. Lots of exercise equipment if you’re into that sort of thing. Probably a good place to jog on a clear day.

Nice solid trail, it actually goes out about 5+miles. take water as there is no shade.

great view

as pictured on the map it is a straight line, the sight is nice, especially when you get to the end of the walk and get to enjoy the view of Lake Elsinore. it's a fishing area so you'll enjoy seeing the birds on the water and hovering over the bushes. I crossed paths with a few cyclists and indeed I think I'd recommend this trial if you're going to ride a bike or go for a run.

Horse back riding was insane and fun, with that being said there are many coyotes and I had my little trail dog. The coyotes are not afraid of anything and just came right up to us and tried to get my dog. BE WARE!!

Sun Apr 14 2019

Sun Mar 31 2019

Awesome! Lake view trail!

Sat Mar 30 2019

Loved the easy walk and appreciated the fit stations , benches for viewing along the way.

Mon Mar 25 2019

nice 2 mile walk. beautiful

Sat Feb 23 2019

I've walked this numerous time but each time is different

Mon Feb 18 2019

It has rain yesterday, so it is a little muddy, but not bad. The view is fantastic! It is not just 3 miles, you can walk as much as you want along the lake. I will come back again!

Sun Dec 09 2018

Beautiful views, very well maintained Love the little workout stations and benches to rest along the way

Sun Sep 09 2018

Great trail, maintained well with porta potties along the route and little fitness stops.

Sun Aug 19 2018

Nice running trail. Very well maintained with 1/4 mile markers on trail. Great views of lake with lots of birds and rabbits. Park in Storm baseball free for the trail.

Tue May 29 2018

This is not a hiking trail ! This is a beautiful walking trail that rises above lake Elsinore. Running and bicycling with kids and strollers friendly. Any one can do this trail. It has mile markers and portable toilets along the jetty . It is a dirt path with almost no hills or incline. There is a natural wildlife habitat on both sides of the path. IncludingHundreds of rabbits , lizards and only a few snakes. You can walk right up to the waters edge. On most days you will see about 100 people throughout the whole day Sun up to sundown ,if not more including the ladies of “leave no woman behind “ active Community Facebook group. If You never walk or hike before this is a great place to start.