Lake Earl Wildlife Area Trail

Lake Earl Wildlife Area Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Crescent City North, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Actually the beginnings of a much grander trail (run for me). An almost unreal transformation of environment - leaving Crescent City about three miles away. The view is often void of any sign of civilization. Essentially flat single track (some of which is clearly (rarely used) jeep trail - except Old Mill Rd which is a well maintained gravel road (inside the gate).

My favorite go to for a quick get out. There is a 4 mile loop here that take you through a few different ecosystems! You start out in a Forrest, then dunes, then coastal prairie, then wetlands. You can even hit the beach if you want. Also, there are a couple abandoned building to explore.

Flat and simple. I did a much longer hike but left my GPS that I haven't figured out yet anyway and the camera's battery was done by the time I did this one. There are a few different hikes here that I will end up doing and posting. #269