Lake Calavera via Oak Riparian Park

Lake Calavera via Oak Riparian Park is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Oceanside, California that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring water and sunscreen.

I started at oak riparian park and ended up coming out of carslbad because I got lost. it was dark by this point so I called an uber back to my car. it's a good trail but wish there was signs that could direct which way you are going.

Really great place to hike, people are usually nice. Be careful for Rattlesnakes. There are signs, but during baby season they tend to bite then rattle. So for the curious doggies that like to go off the the edges be careful! We are in their territory! Im sure it doesn't happen often, but we just had the bad luck of having my puppy get bit. Other than that the place is nice & pretty well kept!

Great place- I bring our pup out here all the time! Everyone is friendly and the trail is easy- every once and a while you'll run into someone who doesn't like dogs, but hey what can you do? Just nod and run on

Great little area. If you want a climb head for the peak but you can loop around the hill and it has a surprising variety of vegetation in such a small area. Trails are well kept for the most part. The plant variety there is prettier than most trails in the area.

stay on trail,sunk up go me knees in mud at the shoreline of the lake,jeeez. barefootin it back to car.....