Lake Anza Trail

Lake Anza Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berkeley, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

beach

Loop trail that wraps around Lake Anza. An excellent spot for birdwatching, fishing, or going for a swim This is an easy trail that sees a lot of use on the weekends, mostly by families and people walking their dogs. Some parts are a bit technical, but it offers a nice view of the lake and connects with the Selby Trail along with a few others. Weekdays are best here, especially during the summer months.

Fun for the family. Easy trail takes you right to the beach entrance. $2.50 for kids and & $3.50 for adults to swim.

Ok.. I hike often and I'm not quite sure why this is labeled as "easy". Maybe because it's short? Well, it's definitely more than a stroll in the woods. There is some rock climbing, some where you have to sit back and think about how you're going to get up there (at least I had to). I chose to hike this after all the rains we've been having, so the trail was extra muddy. People were warning me that they had fallen up ahead. Luckily my shoes are made for this because my kid and I (he was in a pack on my back) really would have fallen a few times if I didn't have grippy hiking shoes.

Overall, a really fun and beautiful trail with a gorgeous waterfall. I will do it again. But I was surprised at the level of intensity, based upon the other reviews.

Very easy all levels walk around small lake. There is also a supervised swimming area and fishing is allowed.

Nice quick trail around small lake. Trail more challenging than first glance. One section, the trail about 6 inches - had to hold onto vine then step with one foot to cross.