Lake Alpine Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Markleeville, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 65 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The trail wasn’t snow plowed at all. Very challenging to walk to the lake. The lake was covered in snow. It was safe to walk around the edges of the lake, but we didn’t want to risk it and go too far in. Even though the walk was 2-3 miles it was hard. Would recommend different hikes this time of year.

Alpine Lake Campground to Inspiration Point and Back. Follows paved trail passing Bee Gulch to Pine Marten and Silver Valley campgrounds. Then takes visible route to Inspiration Point Marker before ascending slope to the mini-plateau at the top. Spectacular views of Alpine Lake and Utica Reservoir.

Easy trail. Trail is along the lake. Bathroom is at the end of the trail. Had a lot of mosquitos In a couple spots along the trail this time of year, no big deal. So much beauty to see as you hike the trail (mountains, trees, some snow still, giant rocks, kayaks, creek flowing into lake, and obviously the lake). Defiantly must take this trail.

Thu Apr 26 2018

Definitely a “easy” trail. Not moderate at all. Great Lake and cold swimming most of the year.

Wed Sep 21 2016

Nice views... Nice little flat EASY walk. No reason to be rated moderate. Camped there with my kids and my 4 yr old walked it with us many, many moons ago.

Thu Jul 28 2016

Breath taking veiws

Wed Jul 13 2016

I visited Lake Alpine since I was 9 years old at the STOCKTON YMCA camp. I spent most of my summers here exploring the surrounding areas for many years into adulthood. I know this area like the back of my hand. I snowshoed, crossX skied, explored area before Robert Conrad built his beautiful house behind the "Dead Indian" ridge. Explored areas between Highland Lakes to Lake Alpine. If you look hard enough you might just find my initials on rocks trees. Stayed at Duck Lake Cowboy Camp to wait out a blizzard. I did one 3-day winter survival training session at Lake Alpine.

Wed Dec 09 2015

Amazing

Mon Sep 07 2015

Pretty trail around a pretty little lake. Very easy.

recorded Recording - Nov 25, 2:33 PM