Lake Alpine Trail

Lake Alpine Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Markleeville, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Definitely a “easy” trail. Not moderate at all. Great Lake and cold swimming most of the year.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Nice views... Nice little flat EASY walk. No reason to be rated moderate. Camped there with my kids and my 4 yr old walked it with us many, many moons ago.

off road driving
Thursday, July 28, 2016

Breath taking veiws

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I visited Lake Alpine since I was 9 years old at the STOCKTON YMCA camp. I spent most of my summers here exploring the surrounding areas for many years into adulthood. I know this area like the back of my hand.
I snowshoed, crossX skied, explored area before Robert Conrad built his beautiful house behind the "Dead Indian" ridge. Explored areas between Highland Lakes to Lake Alpine. If you look hard enough you might just find my initials on rocks trees. Stayed at Duck Lake Cowboy Camp to wait out a blizzard. I did one 3-day winter survival training session at Lake Alpine.

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Amazing

Monday, September 07, 2015

Pretty trail around a pretty little lake. Very easy.

Friday, April 28, 2017