Laguna Mountain Ridge via the PCT

Laguna Mountain Ridge via the PCT is a 16.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Valley, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This section of the Pacific Crest Trail, which runs from Mexico to Canada, offers expansive views of the desert to the east. The trail runs parallel to the Sunrise Highway for 16 miles with some beautiful scenery. Trail head option starts at Burnt Rancheria or Mt. Laguna Lodge at 6000 ft elevation. The trail passes through Monument peak and Garnet peak.

Beautiful place with amazing views,and not dogs poop.

You get the best of both worlds: desert and mountain views. My family and I hike it at least twice a year. We enjoy it so much!

My wife and I had a wonderful hike mid-week and only saw a couple of other people. A wide variety of flowers were in bloom.

There were some amazing views for the first couple miles, and after that it veers away from the ridge into some boulder fields. Not a lot of shade on the route, so bring your own if it's going to be hot. Passed about 30 hikers on a Friday morning/early afternoon.

Some of the best views in San Diego County. Well maintained trail.

We plan on backpacking this soon. Can anyone tell me if there are any camping spots?

We hiked a 5 mile stretch, with kids. The views were fabulous and their was quite a few others using the trail.

Five stars for the views. Parked at the end of Kwaaymii Point and hit the trail. Nice single track with great views of the Anza Borrego Desert. I Biked this on a 40degree windy desert morning 3 days after snow fall. Saw no other people during the 5 miles I completed. In retrospect I don't believe bikes are allowed on the PCT. Next time I'll hike the whole thing.

Friday, November 18, 2016

AMAZING VIEWS!!!!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

If you can catch this section while the windflowers are in bloom if makes for incredible views both near and far. I uploaded a video of this hike on YouTube. Just search #thisgirlhikes.

Monday, April 04, 2016

The PCT is not open to Mountain bikes, counter to what the trail tags indicate.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Beautiful fall hike. Not difficult, beautiful views. Lots or wildlife evidence (tracks) along the way, and not a soul on the trail. Mountain lion evidence just off the trail (deer bones), so not a good one to hike alone.

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

my boyfriend and i made a short hike and camp-over-night trip out of this one by just doing a section of the trail. not a whole lot of spots to camp but the views are amazing the whole time. it is mostly downhill on the way in so you do have to work a bit more on the way back like a few other people have said. i would love to do it again and go farther next time but might plan it for more fall time since the heat is so intense this time of year for a long all day hike.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

We did a portion of this hike. The views were nice and there was a lot of vegetation. Would have liked to gone further.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Did an out and back one night backpacking trip on this section of the PCT the other day. Started at the desert overlook trail head and headed north to Garnett Peak then back tracked to a campsite in the meadow. Great view of anza the whole time. A recent fire last summer has made most the hike on the east side of sunrise highway a burnt moonscape but still a nice hike. Going north, it's all downhill for the most part so be prepared to climb a bit on the way back.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Perfect for serenity and solitude.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

A favorite.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

My friend and I did this trail in late-December 2012. There was a little bit of snow on the ground which made it fun. The view is gorgeous. You park at the end of the street. There was only one other car when we got there & enough room for about 4-5 more cars or so.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Me and a buddy did this trail at the opportune time of year. In the Early Spring the flowers are everywhere and the colors of the landscape really pop out at you. Wildlife was abundant, at night, arguably too abundant. Going in the summer months is not advised as temperatures have been known to reach triple digits.
Small dogs or other small pets not advised, we ran into many coyotes on our trip and a half eaten deer leg.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hiked this with my brother on May 10, 2012. This hike was easy and offered spectacular views of Anza Borrega desert on one side of the trail and lush Pine Valley on the other. To answer Paul: one cannot ride a bike on the trail (per plentiful signage).