Laguna Beach and Bluffs

Laguna Beach and Bluffs is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laguna Beach, California that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 55 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

paved

Easy paved path walk along the bluffs of Laguna Beach. Breathtaking views. Bring your flip flops so you can walk down on the beach too!

It was beautiful. Not to mention good people along the way. Everyone was friendly and my dogs got a lot of attention. Easy, more of a walk then hike but worth it.

This was the best beach walk I've ever been on! Gorgeous views of the ocean. It starts out on a boardwalk and then you go up some stairs and the rest is on asphalt. We timed our walk so we could watch the sun go down (about 45 minutes before sunset).

One of my favorite places, beautiful on every level! Easy to walk or if you’re in a wheelchair.

My wife, 6 year old, 4 year old and I just walked this yesterday. It was a great walk. It was hot out but you can’t beat that ocean breeze. There are so many photo ops it took us way longer than it should have. But we are big on documenting our time with the little ones. We parked about 1/2 mile south of the trail. But even that walk was nice because we were able to see some art stores. We located some areas we would like to visit when we come back just to hang out at the beach.

In 1 word... "Beautiful"

...gorgeous...north or south...cement or sand...parking is easy if it's early...metered

I had a plan of going to the different trail but it was closed due to rain/flooding. I was sad to leave, so decided to go to Laguna Beach. I only walked since it was a short distance and too pretty to miss out the view and glad I this one. SO PRETTY! I am from Colorado, so enjoyed the beach. Must visit! Enjoy x

Love love Laguna

Tue Sep 04 2018

very easy walk with fantastic scenery, toughest part is finding parking

Sat Jun 02 2018

Very beautiful walk on a paved path. Very populated as it’s the center of town and lots of tourists.

Sat Dec 02 2017

Terrific views that can't be beat. Few stairs, took the stroller on the street briefly. Most areas with stairs also have wc/ stroller paths nearby. There are bathrooms along the path; the one I went into also a had a baby changer in the disabled stall. Water fountains along the way as well but I'm not sure if they work as I had bottled water with me. Metered parking on the street. Best to go early to avoid the crowd as much as possible. Will be going back.

Tue Oct 24 2017

beautiful paved, flat walking trail. It's very wheel chair friendly with plenty of benches along the way, which is wonderful because I believe this kind of beauty should be accessible to all :) xoxo

Sat Apr 08 2017

It's okay. As expected, crowded. Dog friendly so I took mine. Signs say dogs must be leashed, I guess not everyone can read. Overall we enjoyed it. Stopped for beverages and dinner. It is great that so many places allow dogs on the patios. Probably go back, sometime.

Mon Oct 31 2016

We did not take the entire trail because we couldn't see where it ended, but we hiked a good portion of it. Walked from the end of the boardwalk up into the cliffside paved walk that gives a fabulous view of the beach and ocean. Flowers line the edges of the walkway/cliff. Amazingly beautiful and easy walk to do!

Wed Mar 02 2016

Beautiful view

Mon Jun 30 2014

Heisler Park is a beautiful, scenic ocean front park. It is worth checking out if you haven't seen it. Although it is a very easy walk, there are a few small inclines to make things interesting. At the north edge of this loop is Crescent Bay Park, another beautiful scenic location, situated above Seal Rock. Bring good binoculars during whale migrating season, and you will spot literally dozens of whales. Fun for the whole family!

Wed Jan 08 2014

Soft sand surrounded by concrete makes it ideal for those with mobility concerns. Whether into strolling or training for the next American-Gladiator, this sweet spot won't disappoint. I especially recommend walking on the shore by the tide pools. Bring h2o and light snacks. A towel and bathing suit is also not a bad idea in case you can't resist a quick dive into Laguna's pristine waters. Help keep it clean by packing away whatever you bring in. Have a happy hike!

Mon Nov 07 2011