Lagoon Valley Park Mtb Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vacaville, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lagoon Valley has lots of hard-pack, single-track trails that have been groomed specifically for hiking, mtb'ing, and horseback riding. As soon as you enter the park, take the trail to the left. Cross the wooden bridge and turn left again. Follow the trail to the tree line and you will see where all the fun begins!

Good place to ride. Conditions are best when dry, when wet turns to sticky clay. Fun single track with technical sections mixed in. Expect to climb though, your either going up or down when riding the single track. Nice loop around the pond for families.

I love running this trail with my chocolate lab. There’s definitely some challenging climbs and some great single-track, technical running throughout. It’s obviously not the most challenging run, but in my opinion it’s the best in the Solano County area. It’s usually between a 6.5-7.0 mile course for me. I’ve been running and hiking these trails and hills for the past 20 years, and I’ve never ran into problems from the cows with either myself or my dogs. If you’re looking for a great local area to get in some exercise, this is the trail to do it at.

Awesome trails!

Dogs off leash on every visit to this park. My horse and i were attacked by a Pitbull off leash, and many friends with horses have also been attacked, as have their own dogs. The dog park fence is too low, dogs jump out and attack. If this wasn't bad enough.... the water in the lake is toxic, full of bacterial. Just a puncture wound inn this water can have deadly consequence, and has. The frisbee golf course is a terrifying thing, but the model planes, drones, and parasailers with fans strapped to their backs takes the prize as for what unglues the best of horses. Oh, and don't ride on the bridges, they're old, narrow, and unkempt.

Did this hike 3 days ago my walking app put it at 7.34 miles and took me 2:28. I really enjoyed especially that last couple miles. Trail gets a little narrow coming back down but nothing too bad just be careful it can be a long way down if you fall. Lots of cow land mines but didn’t bother me too much. Lots of cows too, walked right by many and they never gave me a second thought.

I was trampled by a cow. DANGEROUS TRAIL. While there are plenty of warning signs about mountain lions (which are scarce and usually afraid of humans) there are no signs indicating the large population of cows concentrated on the trail. The trail is "dogs on leash" friendly, however having your dog on the trail is EXTREMELY dangerous around cattle. Part of the trail is essentially a cow path through pasture that the cows were actively using and there were calves. I could not see a calf behind a rock and a cow charged me and my dog, but luckily only my legs injured. The trail is beautiful and I recommend using extreme caution and leaving your dog at home. The park should add more signage and warnings as well.

Good go to trail when you don’t have the time and want to stay close to the house. One of my regular trails.

Awesome

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Love this park. Go on a weekly basis. Trails everywhere. Easy to access and find your way around. Parking fee $3 but totally worth it.

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Dogs off leash, frisbee golf, RC planes, paragliders... bring your horse early or on weekdays! We have a lot of dog attacks in the park and dog owners flat out refusing to leash their dog.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Went with my son's Cub Scout pack. It was lovely and we had fun, but I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids or strollers; it's mostly hills.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

First time... off path for a bit... but devils backbone was gorgeous!!!! So was my date!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Really open hikes with lots of high views. Its pretty if you like green/yellow grass hills. I enjoyed it at 70F degree temperatures but if it was hotter, i would not come here. Definitely come when its cool and cloudy as there is no shade in general.

Notes:
Parking = 3$
Lots of directions
Mild amounts of people
Lots of fire roads
Mountain bikers
Mountain lions

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

This is the mountain trails where you can expect to find the swing. It hidden though. I got lost on the trail and at one point following the alltrails maps, it lead us to a path where it dangerous to cross. The dangerous area for me have a width about 12 inches with some less than that and it on the edge of the hill. Good thing this is a loop where you can always turn around.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

these trails are fairly easy but fun as long as you don't mind sharing.
on a good day I could be coming down the trail gaining speed and have stop and get off the path to let a group of kids walk past.

but it's cool because I live close and I'd rather be here sharing the path with other people then at home watching TV. It's a really good place to spend the afternoon or the morning.

Thursday, March 02, 2017

More challenging then the lake. Views are great on a clear day. You can see Rio Vista's wind mills in the distance and Sacramento sky scrapers as well as Budweiser from the top. Pack a lunch and sit under a shade tree and take in the views.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The cow's are grazing and use the mountainbike trails as their grazing paths. The paths are destroyed.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lovely open space hike. We encountered a couple steep ascents but not enough to call it a strenuous hike. Just a dirt path and an occasional paved road. Mountain bikers, hikers, trail runners and dogs were on the trails. When we got a little turned around all we did was hike back up and then could see clearly where we needed to get to.

Friday, November 25, 2016

I liked this hike. Although there were a lot of visible buildings and antennas, for the most part there were good views and good climbs.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Nice day, hiked up the mountain bike trails with my dog. Great variety of paths from the lagoon up to the tower, I'll definitely come back again.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Not very scenic, from what I remember of this trail.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Loved the challenge, the alternation between flat and uphill stretches. Went to the "top" just to have it done once, but will explore the dirt trails around the top next time to enjoy the hills' beauty more deeply.

Friday, June 24, 2016

This hike was hard for me. I wasn't able to make it to the top. I will definitely do this one again.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Only minutes from Vacaville, a perfect way to start off your Saturday morning without having to head into more distant hills and still be home in time for a party at noon. 7.4 miles can be done without exceptional difficulty. Stick to the single track mountain bike line for a more true to form hike and avoid the gravel road often flooded with other hikers. The highlight is the ridge line between towers to maximize your experience and views. Don't forget to stop at the old swing oak for a break and a swing.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

hard-packed trails and gravel, some steeper hills. You can see the prisons on the other side once you get to the top. A lot of flexibility from flat to varies ways up the hills. Some of the trail get chewed up from grazing cattle though.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Lovely views with rolling hills. Some well-packed gravel, some paved, and some well-packed dirt trails. I think there is a dog park nearby too. I'll be back!

Monday, May 25, 2015

It was great! Wide open spaces, beautiful trails up rolling hills, lagoon offers welcome relief to the summer browned hillside.

There is a kids play area and a frisbee course, so watch out for flying saucers coming your way if you find yourself unexpectedly on the course!

Also, check out the Vaca-Pena Adobe, it is a historic landmark. Parking fee is $3.00 for the day--what a great deal!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Nice quick hikes with many options to choose from. Some hike that are moderately difficult, several that are easy, and always nice views from the top. Usually breezy and cool but can get hot during summer. Go in the morning on the weekend because it can get pretty busy later on in the day.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lagoon Valley, aka Pena Adobe is a good solid hike with lots of options for different skill levels. Generally cool and comfortable thanks to the northern and wester winds which converge at the peak. Some wildlife, turkeys, hawks, squirrels, and the rare but occasional mountain lion reside in the hills.

Highly recommended for all skill levels, though it may be a little easy for the more experienced hiker.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

One of my go to places for training running uphill. Sever climbs both long and gradual or short and steep. I have actually logged about 5 miles in 1 loop. Very open space so there is no worrying about getting lost. Right off the freeway either Alamo exit or Cherry Glen Road which will take you over freeway to Lagoon entrance