Lagoon Valley Park Mtb Trail

Lagoon Valley Park Mtb Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vacaville, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lagoon Valley has lots of hard-pack, single-track trails that have been groomed specifically for hiking, mtb'ing, and horseback riding. As soon as you enter the park, take the trail to the left. Cross the wooden bridge and turn left again. Follow the trail to the tree line and you will see where all the fun begins!

Love this park. Go on a weekly basis. Trails everywhere. Easy to access and find your way around. Parking fee $3 but totally worth it.

Dogs off leash, frisbee golf, RC planes, paragliders... bring your horse early or on weekdays! We have a lot of dog attacks in the park and dog owners flat out refusing to leash their dog.

Went with my son's Cub Scout pack. It was lovely and we had fun, but I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids or strollers; it's mostly hills.

First time... off path for a bit... but devils backbone was gorgeous!!!! So was my date!

Really open hikes with lots of high views. Its pretty if you like green/yellow grass hills. I enjoyed it at 70F degree temperatures but if it was hotter, i would not come here. Definitely come when its cool and cloudy as there is no shade in general.

Notes:
Parking = 3$
Lots of directions
Mild amounts of people
Lots of fire roads
Mountain bikers
Mountain lions

This is the mountain trails where you can expect to find the swing. It hidden though. I got lost on the trail and at one point following the alltrails maps, it lead us to a path where it dangerous to cross. The dangerous area for me have a width about 12 inches with some less than that and it on the edge of the hill. Good thing this is a loop where you can always turn around.

these trails are fairly easy but fun as long as you don't mind sharing.
on a good day I could be coming down the trail gaining speed and have stop and get off the path to let a group of kids walk past.

but it's cool because I live close and I'd rather be here sharing the path with other people then at home watching TV. It's a really good place to spend the afternoon or the morning.

More challenging then the lake. Views are great on a clear day. You can see Rio Vista's wind mills in the distance and Sacramento sky scrapers as well as Budweiser from the top. Pack a lunch and sit under a shade tree and take in the views.

Honestly, get off the vehicle pathway and get lost-then this area is great! There's a fantastic tree swing at the top of one of the hills. Good luck finding it!

The cow's are grazing and use the mountainbike trails as their grazing paths. The paths are destroyed.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lovely open space hike. We encountered a couple steep ascents but not enough to call it a strenuous hike. Just a dirt path and an occasional paved road. Mountain bikers, hikers, trail runners and dogs were on the trails. When we got a little turned around all we did was hike back up and then could see clearly where we needed to get to.

Friday, November 25, 2016

I liked this hike. Although there were a lot of visible buildings and antennas, for the most part there were good views and good climbs.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Nice day, hiked up the mountain bike trails with my dog. Great variety of paths from the lagoon up to the tower, I'll definitely come back again.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Not very scenic, from what I remember of this trail.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Loved the challenge, the alternation between flat and uphill stretches. Went to the "top" just to have it done once, but will explore the dirt trails around the top next time to enjoy the hills' beauty more deeply.

Friday, June 24, 2016

This hike was hard for me. I wasn't able to make it to the top. I will definitely do this one again.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Only minutes from Vacaville, a perfect way to start off your Saturday morning without having to head into more distant hills and still be home in time for a party at noon. 7.4 miles can be done without exceptional difficulty. Stick to the single track mountain bike line for a more true to form hike and avoid the gravel road often flooded with other hikers. The highlight is the ridge line between towers to maximize your experience and views. Don't forget to stop at the old swing oak for a break and a swing.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

hard-packed trails and gravel, some steeper hills. You can see the prisons on the other side once you get to the top. A lot of flexibility from flat to varies ways up the hills. Some of the trail get chewed up from grazing cattle though.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Lovely views with rolling hills. Some well-packed gravel, some paved, and some well-packed dirt trails. I think there is a dog park nearby too. I'll be back!

Monday, May 25, 2015

It was great! Wide open spaces, beautiful trails up rolling hills, lagoon offers welcome relief to the summer browned hillside.

There is a kids play area and a frisbee course, so watch out for flying saucers coming your way if you find yourself unexpectedly on the course!

Also, check out the Vaca-Pena Adobe, it is a historic landmark. Parking fee is $3.00 for the day--what a great deal!