Lagoon Valley Loop

Lagoon Valley Loop is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Vacaville, California that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I keep my horse here and was attacked by a Pit Bull that jumped out of the dog park. Everyone who uses this park should BEWARE, that fence is not high enough to keep dogs in, or out of, that park. There are people that run pit bulls off leash at sunrise and sunset. I've received emails and testimonies from witnesses to all sorts of dog attacks on horses and other dogs in Lagoon Valley.

Horseback riders, beware, the bridge over the lake dam is not maintained, and in poor shape. It's also very narrow. Don't let horses, people or pets in the bacteria infested water. This is sadly common in small lakes.

Few riders from the near by barn venture here. :'( Avoid the drug needle littered trail that goes through the upper parking lot. Sounds great doesn't it?

memories from 10 yrs ago...

The swing is on the hill. Don't expect to find it in this ground level trail.

kickass if you hike both towers forget the lap around the lake.

Easy walk to clear your mind

Nice stroll around the lake.

This park is one stop shopping: nice long stroll around the lake for relaxation or hit the hills for a workout, throw frisbee for the dog & let him have a swim & finish the day with a nap under a shade tree

Friday, September 02, 2016

I've run the trails just about every morning for years. The hills take on different looks all year long. Each season reflects a beautiful aspect of these hills. Unfortunately there are those that litter and irresponsible dog owners that do not pick up after their animals or keep them leased.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Amazing, I love hiking on this trail. I love the view, and going to the top of the mountain.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Amazing, I love hiking on this trail. I love the view. I love to go to the top of the mountain

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Great training grounds. Moderate hike. Dog friendly. At the top you see views of Lagoon Valley.. Travis Air Force Base.. And Vacaville Prison.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

I enjoy going here. Very open trails. So steep elevations but not hard. Easy to get to for something close to home.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Took the dogs with us and they had a blast. We let them go swimming and they had a great time. the walk around the lake is best right in the morning when the bugs aren't out to bad.

Monday, October 05, 2015

The lake was all dried out. But nice little hike of you want to see some hills for once a while since Davis is pretty flat.

Monday, July 06, 2015

This was my first hike in several years. We didn't go around the reservoir but chose a paved path along the hillside. The path had benches for resting, huge plus. Dogs are welcome. As my skills improve this well be a place to visit again and take one of the more challenging trails.

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Great place to hike, nice and easy for younger hikers. Very easy to access and has something for everyone.

Monday, January 05, 2015

Beautiful view, family friendly, pets allowed, accessible restroom at the entrance of the trail.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Verry nice climb to a beautiful view of the Vaca valley and beyond! The nicest aspect of this trail us that you can make it ad challenging or as easy as you would like and it's great for running. Beware: very little shade.