Learn more

Lagoon Valley Loop is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Vacaville, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 413 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

recorded Lagoon Valley Loop

Busy but a good day to get out

A little overgrown on the hillside but not too bad. Overall, a great trail. I think most people only do the loop around the lagoon instead of the up and over the hill to and from the Butcher Road entrance. But in my opinion, this is one of our (my pup and I) favorite trails in the area with the full 4 mile loop up and over the hillside. Great for dogs! This is normally a weekly hike for us and has quickly become a staple. Just remember to pick up after your dogs.

nice lagoon loop with lots of duck friends

the map shows parking on the street outside the park but THERE ARE NO PARKING SIGNS EVERYWHERE. Don't risk getting towed.

Awesome

It was a nice hike not too long and not too difficult either .

Love looping the lagoon!!

Great trail!

fee

$5.00 parking fee. windy around lake. lots of Canadian geese and their droppings. flat, hard trail otherwise ok.

it's a good trail but I got a flat tire on my bike later.

Nice easy stroll around the pond. Other trails in the park offer more of a challenge.

Mon Jun 17 2019

nice easy route, but not allot of shade.

Sun Jun 16 2019

You can get a ton of miles running around the lake. If you are a birder, you can see many different species of bird around the lake as well as deer. It's very beautiful in early spring after the rains when the surrounding hills are green.

Fri May 24 2019

I like this trail. There are many different trails actually. (I only recorded 3/4 of my walk today.) Has a little bit for everyone to enjoy: picnic area, dog park, playground, frisbee track, walking trails, lake, some wildlife, etc. Trail damp in areas after recent rains, but not bad. Part of the trail has asphalt. A little more foot traffic this Friday morning before the holiday, some bikes, some dogs (most on a leash). I could hear the freeway traffic more on this walk then I have on others. However, I dare say when they created this 30-40 years ago, they didn’t think it would be a heavily used highway.

Sun May 12 2019

rugged, pretty difficult

Sat Jan 26 2019

Not a bad trail for flat mileage. Nothing too technical & not a lot of altitude changes. Trail around lake is a little soupy after rain.

Sat Jan 19 2019

This trail is easy enough and the view is okay, but it’s not peaceful. Very close to I-80 so this means constant road noise. I’ll this trail is good for casual strolls, those out of shape for hiking, those recovering from an injury, or families. Serious hikers need not apply.

Thu Nov 29 2018

This is great for a quick flat run if you just want to get your distance in. You also have several other options if you want to challenge yourself and take another trail with incline.

Sat Nov 24 2018

Not a bad hike at all, trails are nice, views are scenic. Good starter trail.

Fri Aug 17 2018

Nice, easy stroll. Watch out for disk golfers, they don't always call "fore". Take extra time at the grove at the bottom of the hill, by the freeway to take in the cool shade. Keen eyes around the lagoon will spot turtles, frogs, toads, beaver and otter in addition to waterfowl and raptors. Gets busy on weekends. Kiosk is currently closed so parking is free until the city gets new permit machines.

Fri Jul 13 2018

Hiking is a loose term, very loose. Its a stroll...If you have little kids part of this trail is ok, but most of it is actually on the road so be careful. I would say little kids under 5 might enjoy a 10 minute portion of it when the sun isn't hot. I wouldn't drive more than 15 minutes for it. I was positive enough about it until I discovered most of the walk was going to be on the road. We had to dodge cars a lot. I would skip it and I definitely wouldn't pay a fee for it.

Fri Jan 19 2018

Enjoyed a nice stroll around the lake!

Wonderful 2.5 mile walking trail around the lake. Beautiful at sunset and lots of geese & duck to watch. Well kept, clean Trail. Looks like there’s a great frisbee disc course, saw a few groups playing. Only negative thing I’d say is that sound of people flying their drones. They’re not too loud but just annoying. Loved this park!