La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail

La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail is a 5.9 mile loop trail located near Sun Valley, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did this hike and it’s great I did a part of the trail where the vegetation was over grown and not maintained at all. Super scary for sure but I loved it. I didn’t know when it was ending tho. I was exhausted.

pretty easy, but keep in mind it's a steady uphill from the beginning to the top. amazing view once you get up there! we could see even catalina island to malibu from the top.

Good. But when you get to what the map says is the top, don’t take that left and go down that way. Extremely soft steep dirt. Go back the way you came.

5/5 for the awesome views
NOTE: Do not follow the map provided! At about halfway, it was extremely hard going down loose soil and the unpaved trail
Lots more other trails connect to this one

Not well marked (lots of unmarked forks, especially to do as a "loop" which requires a 1/4" mile walking on the side of the highway at the end but great views of both DTLA/back of hollywood hills and the valley.

plenty of shade, and a great panoramic view from the top.

Very exposed. Bring plenty of water and sun protection and come on the earlier side. Trail is nearly shadeless after 9AM. Beautiful 360 view at the peak, but no shade to hang out and have a snack. This is also not really a loop as the map says. I highly recommend sticking to the beaten path. Also watch out for rattlers.

it was my first time and I enjoyed it. there isn't any shade but a nice wide dirt road. As an avid hiker I wouldn't consider this difficult at all. There are some inclines but there are a lot of flat areas. The views were amazing.

This is a good trail and I've been here multiple times. However, this time there were a lot of bees and I mean a lot. I was extremely unpleasant to hike. as I mentioned I've been here before and never had this problem. I came here on June, 18, 2017. Hopefully this is just a seasonal thing. Otherwise it is a nice hike.

not really a loop, the "loop" part is just a very inclined shortcut

Great trail I think it's moderate.

It's about 7 miles if you park in the lot- there is a man who makes fresh juices at the end of the hike.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Very good hike, did this yesterday morning and it was a good work out. Completed 7 miles in and out. Felt, Tired but Great for doing it .

Monday, November 14, 2016

easily accessible from freeway and great views.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Awesome hike

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Take all the steep inclines to the top, then head west. Good workout and views.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great for a workout, very steep in the beginning.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

It was a great moderate hike with good incline. Great view of Sun Valley/ Tujunga.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

I felt that I was working my butt off

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Was difficult but beautiful view

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Love this place

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Great day last Friday!!!

Saturday, May 07, 2016

really good trail. great calves and glutes workout.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

This was very rough and almost dangerous trail. It had been dry for weeks and the hard-packed bleached dirt was sliding away under us on the down hill sections. I ended up sliding into a gouge made by runoff and tearing up my leg pretty badly. Great views, bring 1-2L of water as there is none around and little shade. I would agree with others that this is a moderate-difficult trail.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Killer hills if you avoid the fire road. I recommend wearing hiking shoes, or at least shoes with good grip, as the hill is super steep and loose.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

We followed the route map, which included some really severe inclines that we would rate as difficult. Of course, you don't have to take those shortcuts, but they make the hike a serious workout if you do. And we would definitely recommend going up the steep hills and down the fire roads.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wasn't easy I guess if you stay on the path yes it is but the steep climbs are intense

Monday, January 25, 2016

Those hills killed me, but it was a great work out.

Sunday, January 24, 2016