La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail

La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail is a 5.9 mile loop trail located near Sun Valley, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

pretty easy, but keep in mind it's a steady uphill from the beginning to the top. amazing view once you get up there! we could see even catalina island to malibu from the top.

Good. But when you get to what the map says is the top, don’t take that left and go down that way. Extremely soft steep dirt. Go back the way you came.

Not well marked (lots of unmarked forks, especially to do as a "loop" which requires a 1/4" mile walking on the side of the highway at the end but great views of both DTLA/back of hollywood hills and the valley.

plenty of shade, and a great panoramic view from the top.

Very exposed. Bring plenty of water and sun protection and come on the earlier side. Trail is nearly shadeless after 9AM. Beautiful 360 view at the peak, but no shade to hang out and have a snack. This is also not really a loop as the map says. I highly recommend sticking to the beaten path. Also watch out for rattlers.

it was my first time and I enjoyed it. there isn't any shade but a nice wide dirt road. As an avid hiker I wouldn't consider this difficult at all. There are some inclines but there are a lot of flat areas. The views were amazing.

This is a good trail and I've been here multiple times. However, this time there were a lot of bees and I mean a lot. I was extremely unpleasant to hike. as I mentioned I've been here before and never had this problem. I came here on June, 18, 2017. Hopefully this is just a seasonal thing. Otherwise it is a nice hike.

not really a loop, the "loop" part is just a very inclined shortcut

Great trail I think it's moderate.

It's about 7 miles if you park in the lot- there is a man who makes fresh juices at the end of the hike.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Very good hike, did this yesterday morning and it was a good work out. Completed 7 miles in and out. Felt, Tired but Great for doing it .

Monday, November 14, 2016

easily accessible from freeway and great views.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Awesome hike

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I LOVED IT , MODERATE BUT GOOD ONE.IT HAS SOME POINT WHERE IT GETS HARD.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Take all the steep inclines to the top, then head west. Good workout and views.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great for a workout, very steep in the beginning.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

It was a great moderate hike with good incline. Great view of Sun Valley/ Tujunga.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

I felt that I was working my butt off

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Was difficult but beautiful view

Saturday, June 11, 2016