La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail

La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail is a 5.9 mile loop trail located near Sun Valley, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not well marked (lots of unmarked forks, especially to do as a "loop" which requires a 1/4" mile walking on the side of the highway at the end but great views of both DTLA/back of hollywood hills and the valley.

plenty of shade, and a great panoramic view from the top.

Very exposed. Bring plenty of water and sun protection and come on the earlier side. Trail is nearly shadeless after 9AM. Beautiful 360 view at the peak, but no shade to hang out and have a snack. This is also not really a loop as the map says. I highly recommend sticking to the beaten path. Also watch out for rattlers.

it was my first time and I enjoyed it. there isn't any shade but a nice wide dirt road. As an avid hiker I wouldn't consider this difficult at all. There are some inclines but there are a lot of flat areas. The views were amazing.

This is a good trail and I've been here multiple times. However, this time there were a lot of bees and I mean a lot. I was extremely unpleasant to hike. as I mentioned I've been here before and never had this problem. I came here on June, 18, 2017. Hopefully this is just a seasonal thing. Otherwise it is a nice hike.