La Canada Teepee via Crosstown Trail

La Canada Teepee via Crosstown Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near La Canada Flintridge, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate to hard hike. I went on a foggy day so there wasn’t much of a view at the top but it was peaceful. Would not recommend this on a hot day but I bet the views are amazing on a clear day.

Great Hike! I would say it's hard and not moderate. Very steep incline and trail running or hiking boots are a must. there's benches 1 mile up. Went on a Friday evening around 6:00pm and only encountered 5 other hikers.

This was from the El Vago entrance of the Cross Town Trail.

Too steep. An hour and 10 minutes up, 40 minutes down. I’d rate this hard versus moderate based on the grade alone. I fell twice on the way down. My girlfriend is a beginner and would have killed me if I took her on this.

Moderately high with a 35 degree incline on med lose gravel with minimum shade and one sitting area with 2 picnic tables. If forecast is sunny better beat the heat of the day and protection from the sun. Make sure to take good traction shoes for the trail, trail varies from two to one person wide. Few hikers n bikers. Nice views when LA is not hazy. At the top, Tepee area, it has no shade or sitting area n has two other trails to explore. Trail can use updated markers , one trail will lead you away if not familiar, others just merge into each other to go the top. This from a Chicago Il, hiker.

A beautiful evening sunset hike. Definitely steep. Shade is limited, but better in the morning or late afternoon hours. I love the tipi at the top and the beekeeping area is pretty rad. Amazing views in every direction at the top.

This trail is the feature of the fourth episode of my new vlog, Trail Mix. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/H7W6UtHHeX0

Also, I put together a playlist on spotify for you to take on the trail.
Listen here: http://sptfy.com/152Q

Have a great hike!

Definitely an intense uphill if you’re a bit out of shape (like me), or if the weather is 80s or above - so it’s a nice workout replacement for the day. Bring water and take breaks. Opens up into a lovely meadow but shade is hard to come by anywhere on the trail. Only saw two other hikers and a biker on a Sunday afternoon.

Final 1/3 kinda steep — bring grippy shoes! Otherwise short and sweet hike, +/-3 hrs

Steep, slippery, mostly shadeless trail on decomposing granite -- but what a view! Be sure to wear grippy shoes, not the old sneakers in the trunk of your car, like I did.

We hiked this trail in the rain and experienced a tremendous amount of fun, hard work and relaxation all at the same time! The clouds prevented us from seeing most of the views, but helped us feel like we were entirely out in the wilderness without a road, car or city in view. The hike, whether hiked rain or shine increases in elevation along the trail with the greatest inclines starting about halfway through the hike. It is a workout, but certainly worth it. I recommend this hike during mild rain or during our climate’s typical sunny weather, but caution everyone to wear good shoes as the trail is slippery in places.

The first part of the hike is really moderate level but wait until the second part of the hike. The second half of it is straight up incline. But it is short hike so not too bad. But I do recommend good hiking shoes or a tracker at least if you do not want to slip.

This hike is super steep and is 3.4 miles RT with some strenuous elevation gains. You can continue straight on the paved road to cut some distance, or go right at the trailhead go follow the AT Loop.
Great views.

Worth the hike... beautiful views

I hiked with a buddy. Short hike, but it was a workout due to how steep it was. The views were awesome though once you get to the top. I would recommend for views and a workout.

Short and sweet. Great conditioner trail.

Incline is pretty tough for the length of the hike.

Awesome

Friday, August 11, 2017

Appeared that trails were washed out and there wasn't much of a hike here.