Kumeyaay Lake Trail

Kumeyaay Lake Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Diego, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was a nice walk easy for a good run. But it is not a loop. We was expecting a loop, we had a hard time finding a way back to the car because we did not want to turn around.

Though beautiful, it's very misleading, it was not a loop trail. It was blocked off

Contrary to the description, this trail is not a loop. We were expecting to walk around the whole lake, only to be disappointed 1/3 mile in to find a chain link fence ending the trail. The lake is barely visible for most of the trail, making it much less interesting for my kids than I'd hoped. Big bummer. I wish we had done the Mission Trails visitor center loop instead.

much of the trail is closed right now

Muddy after the rain but no one was there so good place to get away.

part of the loop is closed.

Great walk for the morning. I took my puppy and he loved it!

Friday, June 24, 2016

There were literally no other people there (using the lake trail at least) at 6 pm on a summer Thursday. It was easy going once we found the lake. We started out in the wrong direction, oops. You can't see the lake most of the way from the righthand trail. There is a lot of overgrowth both behind the fence and on the path. It is often one person wide. The trail ends after awhile to protect the breeding ground of a native species. We didn't complete the lefthand side because I was wearing flip flops, but it seemed like you had a better view of the lake. Nice quiet little walk.

Friday, April 15, 2016

I have two littles in tow so this was a perfect "hike" for us. We walked the trail and then played by the water for a long time. Great for kids, not crowded, and has shady places to play.

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sunday, June 14, 2015

This was a nice trail however you can only go half way around because the northeast side of the lake is fenced off. Our walk ended up being just 1 mile instead of two.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Clean, not too crowded with no elevation. It is also very dog friendly! A great way to start your Sunday.