Learn more

Kitchen Creek Falls Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(654)
Lake Morena County Park

Kitchen Creek Falls Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Valley, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 813 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is a moderate hike along the Pacific Crest Trail out to a series of waterfalls at Kitchen creek. The trailhead is just off the highway and easy to find. The terrain and trail are easy to navigate although there are some steep parts near the water which you can choose to avoid. There is ample space to lounge by the water.

First time doing this hike... Didn’t quite make it to the creek, the last stretch was harder than I expected going downhill. Then I came across a snake and I was so done. (Little did I know it was a water snake-coral) Buy that time my legs were feeling the burn. AND that’s when I realized I’m so out of shape!!! (Thanks Derrick!) and then.... as I’m going back I encounter naked people!!!! Completely naked men!!!! 3! A few more miles... More naked peeps!!! I definitely did not get that memo... I wanna try again but can someone tell me when it’s clothing attire only?? #sawmoresnakesthaniwantedtoo #nowoodywoodpeckers

This is an awesome trail! Very hot, as there is little to no shade. The turn off is easy to miss so some amazing hero of a human wrote on the sign, “w.fall”. Pay attention. The creek is well worth the hike.

Really nice, easy trail but don’t miss the turn to the falls! We ended up walking past it by a mile and looping back.

Beautiful day and the water was amazing!

DO NOT BRING small dogs!!! Too hot for their paws. I didn’t even make it out 60 yards before my dogs got overheated and paws were burning so we had to Leave.

Pretty trail! Definitely worth it once you get to the water. No shade though and it’s hot out there!

Okay so, instead of going on this trail, I went through the campground and turned right past the camp host and went down towards the stream. I crossed the stream and continued on the trail, the Pacific Crest Trail. During my eight plus mile hike, I went through a stream, many very old, large oak trees, high desert shrubs, manzanitas, a meadow, lots of medicinal native plants and saw a great view of Lake Morena. This trail has everything. There is sun, shade and water. I ran into a few horseback riders, but that was it. This is a very peaceful and beautiful hike.

flooded

Beautiful day for a hike. Water still flowing...it’s refreshing. Lots a people so start early. (10am)

Very nice but very crowded trail. The waterfalls were packed with more than 100 people.

Busy

This trail is beautiful and dog friendly! At the moment, it’s a bit difficult to find an open dog friendly trail. If you’re looking for one with a view and a bit of water at the end then this a prime choice! We parked and started the trail at 6:30 p.m. which is a bit late if you want to take your time on the trail, but also avoid the darkness. I suggest starting at 5:30 p.m. so that it’s cool out, but you also have enough time to hike and spend time at the little waterfall before heading back. We will definitely be returning soon!

still flowing when I went yesterday (June 6). took route from the Eastern Trailhead and it's fairly easy. also... PICK UP YOUR FUCKING TRASH PEOPLE. ESPECIALLY YOUR DIAPERS AND DOGSHIT BAGS.

beautiful waterfall. it is steep .but going way down to waterfall is well worth to enjoy big waterfall.

Good day for a waterfall hike. Trail from This side is not hard. Gradual. Water was flowing good. Lots of people. We went down to the real base n saw the 200 foot fall... was amazing. Bit steep to go down n come up... but worth it .

I loved this trail. Today was my first time. I took my German Shepard puppy and she was very scared through the steep incline. I would gladly do it again. I would probably leave my dog at home next time. My 14 year old enjoyed it. Scenery is amazing!

Loved this trail, but lots of flies constantly. Trail thins out at some points and with lots of people seemed a little frustrating. The end of it is so worth it!

Minimal signage makes staying on the proper trail tricky without using an app. Waterfall area was nice. Good amounts of trees and foliage.